Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Undergraduate medical courses with high % of graduates on them?

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK, so I have decided graduate entry must be too difficult to apply for even though I technically meet the criteria (I have the feeling most successful applicants will be extremely over-qualified relative to the minimum criteria).

What undergraduate medical courses accept a high percentage of graduates relative to the number of school leavers?

I don't want to feel like an 24-year-old pensioner among 18 year old school leavers if I can help it...

So far Hull York's undergraduate course, is comprised of 67% school-leavers, 33% graduates, Barts may also be promising - is there anywhere else like that?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Queens Belfast takes 40% of graduates. My friend got in and she said most of the people who she has spoken to that have got into the course are graduates.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactus_farmer)
    OK, so I have decided graduate entry must be too difficult to apply for even though I technically meet the criteria (I have the feeling most successful applicants will be extremely over-qualified relative to the minimum criteria).
    I didn't meet the Newcastle criteria fully (having not been in education for 7 years)...

...Still managed to get an offer.

Don't write off the grad entry route as you perceive it as being too difficult. It's competitive, yes, but if you put the work and effort into getting experience, honing your PS and manage to get a cracking UKCAT/GAMSAT mark then go for it.

Plus the grad course is far less of a financial black hole!

EDIT:

Also, there's nothing stopping you from applying for BOTH 4 year and 5 year courses if you want to try hedge your bets.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 20, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.