The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) Jan 2013 start

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PT2B78
Hello,

I am applying to the MScPT program starting January 2014 for Atlanta, GA. Please keep in touch because I would love to know how it goes. What is your background?How was the application/interview process? I've had a difficult time finding folks you have attended or will attend this program and the website doesn't offer the information I want to know. I have been a PTA in the States for 9 years, but want to know if there is any Anatomy Course or do you just start off with the specifics. Good luck and stay in touch my name is Florence. Your email has been removed for privacy reasons - if you wish to exchange contact details, please use the Private Messaging system..

I have just returned from Robert Gordon's program. I urge anyone applying to reconsider applying for the program. The staff is not supportive and unavailable when one is in need of guidance. When you are out on placement, the university is not available for questions or concerns. They put all responsibility on the student's shoulders. You really need to consider what type of education you want. Many of my classmates fear that they will not pass their licensure exam when they return to the states because of the poor education we all received.
Reply 41
Original post by Emmakatherine
I have just returned from Robert Gordon's program. I urge anyone applying to reconsider applying for the program. The staff is not supportive and unavailable when one is in need of guidance. When you are out on placement, the university is not available for questions or concerns. They put all responsibility on the student's shoulders. You really need to consider what type of education you want. Many of my classmates fear that they will not pass their licensure exam when they return to the states because of the poor education we all received.

Thanks for your post, so please explain. I have my interview on Wednesday and was concerned about the type of questions they would ask. So when you say what type of education you want, what do you mean? What questions would you recommend I ask during the interview? Are you concerned you won't pass the board exam if so why? RGU is the only program I applied to because I am able to get my Masters then get my doctorate at my leisure. Any more advice would greatly be appreciated.
Reply 42
Original post by lhenderson
I have an interview at st George's next week when's yours? Do you have any idea how hard the anatomy and physiology test is likely to be?

I can't seem to find any help for the MSc Interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I have an interview at Kings coming up and there is a A&P test as well I cant find any MSc interview help either .... have you managed to find out any more ?
Reply 43
Original post by proenna
Hi I have an interview at Kings coming up and there is a A&P test as well I cant find any MSc interview help either .... have you managed to find out any more ?

Hey I applied to Kings too but got a message on the portal in brief saying that even though I meet the entrance requirements because of the competitive nature i was unsuccessful.

I am just wondering weather it has anything to do with my references being handed in late?

or maybe its my personal statement?

can i just ask what your background is you can pm me cheers
Original post by PT2B78
Thanks for your post, so please explain. I have my interview on Wednesday and was concerned about the type of questions they would ask. So when you say what type of education you want, what do you mean? What questions would you recommend I ask during the interview? Are you concerned you won't pass the board exam if so why? RGU is the only program I applied to because I am able to get my Masters then get my doctorate at my leisure. Any more advice would greatly be appreciated.

I left because I was afraid I was not going to be able to pass the board exams. They ask basic questions with the interview. They are pretty standard. The education is not sound and if you get something wrong it is your fault. The staff is not available to ask questions nor make time to be available to ask questions. A lot of the students struggle and fail placements because the teaching while in class is not sufficient enough. The clinical placement tutors recognize this fact too. Many of the students are unable to find jobs back in the states because the international degree scares them. They are afraid that the education is poor of which it is.
Reply 45
I have been given an offer for st George's in sept! Anyone else? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats that's good news! I'm still waiting unfortunately, I had my interview at the beginning of April.

When did you have yours and when did you apply?
Reply 47
Original post by halawala
Congrats that's good news! I'm still waiting unfortunately, I had my interview at the beginning of April.

When did you have yours and when did you apply?

My interview was mid February! And I found out early April! My friend had an interview early April and I don't think he's heard yet!! Have you asked when you might find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys

i am a sport therapist with experience of working in professional football and physio clinics. I applied for the physio MSc at essex that starts in october 2013. The application date has now passed and i am just writing to see if anyone else has applied to Essex and have heard anything from them?

Matt
Reply 49
My interview was mid February! And I found out early April! My friend had an interview early April and I don't think he's heard yet!! Have you asked when you might find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok! Well I suppose it's not too bad that they havent got back to me after a month then - it feels like SUCH a wait though when you're dying to find out :tongue:

I asked today, she said that she couldn't discuss it much but it would definitely be by the final deadline of the 10th. Will just have to wait it out.

Was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the Rehabilitation Science course at Brighton?
Reply 50
Oh ok! Well I suppose it's not too bad that they havent got back to me after a month then - it feels like SUCH a wait though when you're dying to find out :tongue:

I asked today, she said that she couldn't discuss it much but it would definitely be by the final deadline of the 10th. Will just have to wait it out.

Was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the Rehabilitation Science course at Brighton?

Ahh the 10th isn't long!! Week tomorrow! Good luck!! No news is good news! :smile: sorry I can't help with the Brighton course!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi All,

I am an Irish student just finished a degree in sports science (2/1), i have an interview for Teeside uni in two weeks, i was wondering does anyone have any information, guidelines, or just general help about the interview.

Thanks Lee.
Reply 52

Did you end up hearing from George's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by mattjames61090
Hi guys

i am a sport therapist with experience of working in professional football and physio clinics. I applied for the physio MSc at essex that starts in october 2013. The application date has now passed and i am just writing to see if anyone else has applied to Essex and have heard anything from them?

Matt

Hi Matt,

I am in the same boat, I have not heard from them either. Does anyone know whether you would definitely hear from a university if you were unsuccessful or would they just not say anything?

Jess :confused:
Reply 54

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, Congrats! I've also had an offer from St Georges, I haven't replied yet though as I'm waiting to hear back from Northumbria. Have you applied anywhere else or you accepting the offer? :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by rturnbull
Hi, Congrats! I've also had an offer from St Georges, I haven't replied yet though as I'm waiting to hear back from Northumbria. Have you applied anywhere else or you accepting the offer? :smile:

Yeah I've accepted the offer! :smile: just need to complete this anatomy and physiology course! So annoying lol but oh well I loved George's and really want to be in London!! :smile: which is your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56

Hey, I have accepted my offer from St George's for Sept! Did you accept?
Reply 57
[QUOTE="schappell;43192204"]

Hey, I have accepted my offer from St George's for Sept! Did you accept?

Hey :smile: yeah I have accepted!! Need to do this stupid anatomy and phys course first though ha! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
[QUOTE="lhenderson;43192586"]
Original post by schappell

Hey :smile: yeah I have accepted!! Need to do this stupid anatomy and phys course first though ha! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I was looking for an anatomy and physiology course, which one are you doing?
Reply 59
[QUOTE="halawala;43197965"]

Congrats! I was looking for an anatomy and physiology course, which one are you doing?

It is through open college, I was sent a link from st George's as it's a condition of my offer for the course to complete and pass it! Did you get an offer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending