Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

which one is better??

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    contact lenses or glasses my optician said i kindof need to get glasses but i want contact which one would you recommend anyone and why?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    contacts!! had glasses for a few years before switching to contacts for sports, they're more expensive but they're just so much more convenient. They don't get mucky or rained on and honestly try them out! (but glasses as well)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ockeisha)
    contact lenses or glasses my optician said i kindof need to get glasses but i want contact which one would you recommend anyone and why?
    Glasses are better, contacts roll around in your eye and that just freaks me out honestly.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKingoftheJews)
    Glasses are better, contacts roll around in your eye and that just freaks me out honestly.
    they really don't... You are either putting them in incorrectly, or you have a poor fit.

OP - it's a personal choice. I prefer contacts because I hate having the gap around the edges that don't give you good vision. Once you put contacts in and get used to them, it's just like being able to see normally again.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    From the age of 7 till 16 I had glasses
    From the age of 16 to present day (I'm 28) I've had contacts (glasses only for when I'm fumbling around in the morning getting dressed).

I prefer contacts SOOOOO much more than glasses.

1) They look better. That's the ultimate main reason I must admit. I look like a dog in my glasses.
    2) They're much more useful for when I'm trying to put on my makeup
    3) They don't slide down my nose and make me constantly have to push them up
    4) No chance of them breaking if I sit on them/get hit in the face etc.
    5) I can go swimming with them - instead of being totally blind in the swimming pool (as obviously I can't wear glasses in the pool).
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    From the age of 7 till 16 I had glasses
    From the age of 16 to present day (I'm 28) I've had contacts (glasses only for when I'm fumbling around in the morning getting dressed).

I prefer contacts SOOOOO much more than glasses.

1) They look better. That's the ultimate main reason I must admit. I look like a dog in my glasses.
    2) They're much more useful for when I'm trying to put on my makeup
    3) They don't slide down my nose and make me constantly have to push them up
    4) No chance of them breaking if I sit on them/get hit in the face etc.
    5) I can go swimming with them - instead of being totally blind in the swimming pool (as obviously I can't wear glasses in the pool).

thought you can't go in the water with contacts on?

but at OP I would prefer contacts to glasses, people won't notice your eye-sight is bad, and you don't have to worry about your glasses. It may sometimes easily break if you rip it, but other than that, I prefer contacts. Guess it could also be easier to see for me, and also easier in sports.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    [/B]

thought you can't go in the water with contacts on?
    Well I'm not talking about going underwater or anything, but even if I'm keeping my head above water, I can't do that with glasses on, whereas I can with contacts of course.

And if I do want to go underwater, I can put goggles on, which I can't do if I have glasses on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Glasses seem safer to me, especially if they have pop-out lenses which won't shatter.

I just wouldn't feel comfortable putting a piece of glass on my eye.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 21, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.