Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Provisional License Replacement

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    How long does one take to arrive? Applied for one over the phone on the first of June and still haven't received it. Got my practical test next week Saturday. Dreading it. Only have had 3 lessons back from taking lessons a whilst ago and going to take another 4 up till the test. Also applied for the confirmation of my theory test certificate and that hasn't come either.

:bawling:

~Worried~
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Usually it's 2-3 weeks, but it depends how busy they are. You could try ringing up and make arrangements - If you need it for a test, they may be able to hurry it up a bit, or at least tell you how long it will be. I don't know if there is any alternative (such as a letter they can give you) to show to the examiner, but you could try asking. The examiner will take your provisional off you anyway, they need it whilst you get the full license.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mine took about 5 days to come which was obviously very quick. It can vary but id be surprised if you didnt get it this week or next. As said above, ring them, they might tell you its on its way or its not in which case you need to find out what to do then!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercaine.)
    Mine took about 5 days to come which was obviously very quick. It can vary but id be surprised if you didnt get it this week or next. As said above, ring them, they might tell you its on its way or its not in which case you need to find out what to do then!
    Rang them earlier today, they said I should have received it already. If I didn't receive it they would have to send another one out which takes 6-7 working days but IF I receive the one that was sent out previously it would be invalid. So decided to wait to see if I get it. So nervous about my test next week. Already saying to myself I am going to fail so to use it as a "experiment" costly so it doesnt depress me out IF I fail ! Weird I know.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jiraya Sama)
    Rang them earlier today, they said I should have received it already. If I didn't receive it they would have to send another one out which takes 6-7 working days but IF I receive the one that was sent out previously it would be invalid. So decided to wait to see if I get it. So nervous about my test next week. Already saying to myself I am going to fail so to use it as a "experiment" costly so it doesnt depress me out IF I fail ! Weird I know.
    What's the longest time you need to give them to cancel to get your money back? You might be able to change the date, or explain your circumstances with the local DSA centre. Get their advice on it too... Make sure all parties are well informed!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyEddy)
    What's the longest time you need to give them to cancel to get your money back? You might be able to change the date, or explain your circumstances with the local DSA centre. Get their advice on it too... Make sure all parties are well informed!
    Yeah, the latest I have to inform the DSA centre is on Tuesday. So if it doesn't arrive by then, then I will have to change the date of my test.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 21, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.