Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

What do you think of this A-level programme?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    A2 Maths, A2 Psychology, AS Chemistry, AS Biology.
    ...would you class that as a heavy programme?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would switch Psychology for something else, unless it's a field you're genuinely interested in.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saif95)
    A2 Maths, A2 Psychology, AS Chemistry, AS Biology.
    ...would you class that as a heavy programme?
    I took maths, chem, bio and psychology and dropped maths after AS. Its quiet a big work load, but totally manageable. I hate psychology personally, as it's so 'unsciency' and boring, but then other people enjoy it so I suppose it's personal preference.
    When you say you are doing maths and psychology A2, have you already done the AS or are you thinking about taking these subjects on for two year?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaarr)
    I took maths, chem, bio and psychology and dropped maths after AS. Its quiet a big work load, but totally manageable. I hate psychology personally, as it's so 'unsciency' and boring, but then other people enjoy it so I suppose it's personal preference.
    When you say you are doing maths and psychology A2, have you already done the AS or are you thinking about taking these subjects on for two year?

I've done Maths and Psychology AS this year...I couldn't do Science AS's because I didn't have GCSE Science last year, I did that this year so im going to have to do a year 3 which I didn't really want to do but because of the Science situation I have to do so.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saif95)
    I've done Maths and Psychology AS this year...I couldn't do Science AS's because I didn't have GCSE Science last year, I did that this year so im going to have to do a year 3 which I didn't really want to do but because of the Science situation I have to do so.
    Oh okay, well it sounds like a good plan. I found psychology A2 quite easy, especially compared with the sciences. I didn't do maths a2, but my friends find it quite a big workload. Biology and chemistry AS aren't too bad, but are a lot more work than the gsces, but if you have already done two AS subjects then I'm sure you're already aware of the gcse to a level jump.
    Best of luck with them, and feel free to ask anything else!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 21, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.