The Student Room Group

Entry requirements.. could somebody check this?

I have studied French as a GCSE, received a B. During my sixth-form studies, I quit my french A-level early-on, as the teacher was absolutely awful.

I really regret the decision, because I thought because of this I would not be able progress my studies during university etc. However... I have found a joint honors (minor) French course at Kingston University.

'You can begin this course with a GCSE pass at grade A or B, or an A level or equivalent standard in French'.

Entry requirements: 80 points at A level in French or 40 points at As level or GCSE French Grade A-B.

I feel like I've missed something, just seems too good to be true. Would anybody be willing to clarify?
(edited 11 years ago)
If it says 'or' instead of 'and' you can be accepted with the GCSE alone if that's what you have. What is the course code to find it on UCAS? I cant seem to find French on the university website.
Reply 2
It is possible for some universities to allow you to do this where the 1st year is often similar in difficulty to A-levels. Go for it - provided you actually want to do whatever subject will be your major, of course :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending