Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving test CD

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I'm just beginning to practice for my theory test and have the 2008/2009 version of this CD:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Test.../dp/B005CTY9Y2

Does anyone know if there is much difference between the two versions? The one I have does include hazard perception.

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there will be much difference, but there may be some minor revisions. For the sake of £6.00, buy it. This is the disc I used (2011/2012 edition) and I passed first time. I actually reviewed it on Amazon on May 29 too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not much difference. DVLA recently implemented a "Shuffle" technique to stop people with photographic memory from nailing the test, but there are no big modifications, just little revisions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatthewmartley)
    I don't think there will be much difference, but there may be some minor revisions. For the sake of £6.00, buy it. This is the disc I used (2011/2012 edition) and I passed first time. I actually reviewed it on Amazon on May 29 too.
    I know it's not particularly expensive, I just don't want to buy it and then find out it's exactly the same.. also I read a few of the reviews and it seems there are more software issues with the latest edition.

(Original post by tamimi)
    Not much difference. DVLA recently implemented a "Shuffle" technique to stop people with photographic memory from nailing the test, but there are no big modifications, just little revisions.
    So I could hopefully pass without it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vls)
    So I could hopefully pass without it?
    Do you mean without the training DVD completely? I highly doubt anyone can pass without it.

I don't see why you wouldn't buy one anyway, it's only a fiver
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There are slight differences, according to my driving instructor the type of questions have changed (starting from jan 2012) because people were just learning the answers to the questions rather than thinking logically about what the answers could be. You can get some really good 2012 editions on amazon for about £5 (cheaper than having to resit your theory test). The highway code, road signs etc haven't changed since last year so (or don't change much anyway) so its probably similar, it just means the practice questions you get on the CD you have are very unlikely to come up in the real thing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamimi)
    Do you mean without the training DVD completely? I highly doubt anyone can pass without it.

I don't see why you wouldn't buy one anyway, it's only a fiver
    No I meant with the earlier edition that I have. But I think I will just purchase a copy of the newer version to be on the safe side.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vls)
    No I meant with the earlier edition that I have. But I think I will just purchase a copy of the newer version to be on the safe side.
    You'd be fine with a >2009 version. However, you just may as well get a new one it's really not worth the risk.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura1234)
    There are slight differences, according to my driving instructor the type of questions have changed (starting from jan 2012) because people were just learning the answers to the questions rather than thinking logically about what the answers could be. You can get some really good 2012 editions on amazon for about £5 (cheaper than having to resit your theory test). The highway code, road signs etc haven't changed since last year so (or don't change much anyway) so its probably similar, it just means the practice questions you get on the CD you have are very unlikely to come up in the real thing.
    Thanks, I didn't think the actual questions would have changed between editions. Are the 2012 questions on the DVD from the same set used in the actual test?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Driving test CD help to solve the driving problem online without searching for other sources.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 29, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.