Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rachel's log

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    At the request of several people *cough* Motorbiker *cough* I've decided to start logging again.

Up until about three weeks ago I had had about six weeks or so of fairly uninterrupted training during which I made my best progress ever; this probably says a lot more about the way I've trained in the past rather than any spectacular going ons recently. I've finally got a (legal) copy of SS and am bit by bit getting round to reading it.

I'm back in London now which means I'm no longer training at my old enclave in Portsmouth where everybody knew everybody and chalk was provided I'll now have to get some chalk and either some 1.25kg/0.5kg plates or ankle weights as the gym where I train now only has one pair of 1.25kg plates which for a gym of its size is ridiculous.

I'll update this later.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    in.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    At the request of several people *cough* Motorbiker *cough* I've decided to start logging again.

I'll update this later.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squats 80kg 5,5,5
    Press 35kg 5,5,5
    Deadlift 105kg 5

Comments
    Wasn't sure whether to go up to 85kg for squats, couldn't find any 1.25kg plates, going to order some tonight. Squats were much easier than last week. Press was okay, as were deadlifts. I'll probably go for a slow run tomorrow morning.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    In :cool:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squat 82.5kg 5,5,5
    Rows 40kg 5,5,5
    Bench Press 35kg 5,5,5

Comments
    Found the 1.25kg plates! Squats were fine. The rows felt pretty heavy, probably started too heavy. I miss powercleans, if the gym weren't so busy I would have stacked some plates so I could pull from the right height. Bench was easy. Ran for a bit on the treadmill until I got bored, lol.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate illness! But I'm back now.

Squats 65kg 5,5,5
    Press 20kg 10
    Deadlift 95kg 5

Comments
    Wasn't sure what I'd use for work sets after being ill for so long and not eating properly. The squats were fine and I think I'll go up by 5kg next time. My left shoulder has been feeling a little sore since yesterday, so I just pressed the bar for a while. Deadlifts were DOH and unbelted. I was going to go for a row afterwards but the rowing machines are gone I hate running on treadmills and their bikes are ****, so I went on the cross trainer. I'm going to have to get up early or run really late to avoid the heat.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squats 70kg 5,5,5
    Bench 32.5kg 5,5,5
    Rows 32.5kg

Comments
    Kept the rows really light to ease back into it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squats 75kg 5,5,5
    Press 30kg 5,5,5
    Deadlift 100kg 5
    Inverted rows 4,5,5
    Rowing 10mins random setting

Comments
    Everything was okay, except the deadlifts, the last couple of reps were more like singles. It was pretty warm today. Pet peeve, pentagonal bars.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Squats 75kg 5,5,5
    Press 30kg 5,5,5
    Deadlift 5
    Inverted rows 4,5,5
    Rowing 10mins random setting

Comments
    Everything was okay, except the deadlifts, the last couple of reps were more like singles. It was pretty warm today. Pet peeve, pentagonal bars.
    Deadlifts = 5 x what?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Deadlifts = 5 x what?
    Oh, 100kg.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Strong!!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Strong!!!
    Ta.

Squats 77.5kg 5,5,5
    Bench 35kg 5,5,5
    Rows 30kg 5,5,5

Comments
    I found the 1.25kg plates, there were about 3 pairs of them being used to prop up some machines. Trust me to find them a few hours after I ordered a pair of my own :rolleyes: We're seeing if we can convince my Dad to have a gym in our garage; our first mission is to clear all the crap out of it. I'm excited already even though I know it's a long way off.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squats 80kg 5,5,5
    Press 32.5kg 5,5,5
    Deadlift 105kg 4,1

Comments
    Squats were fine. Hurt my hands a bit with stupid grip for the presses. Annoyed with the deadlifts, got the fifth rep past my knees and gave up! Did the last rep less than a minute later. Did some inverted rows and went on the rowing machine. I'll probably go for a run tomorrow morning.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squats 82.5kg 5,5,5
    Bench Press 37.5kg 5,5,5
    Rows 32.5kg 5,5,5

Comments
    Must remember to go the gym earlier in the day when possible, it was so hot! Squats were average, I need to concentrate on staying tight. Bench was fine but for my stupid grip causing me pain in my right arm. Also, the gym has a sky roof right above the benches and the sun just had to come out and blind me halfway through my set.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squats 85kg 5,5,5
    Press 30kg 1 35kg 1
    Deadlift 110kg 1,1

Comments
    Everything felt awful today. My left shoulder's been killing me since yesterday when I helped clear out a room (though I've had this type of pain before and I think it's related to my poor posture when seated) and I really felt it during squats and presses. It's a dull aching pain and it came on more strongly when I squatted and pressed (though changing my grip during squats didn't alleviate it at all). Nonetheless, I should have stayed much more tight during the squats, they felt very hard on the way up due to me being stupid by not setting up properly. No way were the presses going to go up. I rarely deadlift well after crappy squats and again didn't set up properly, pulled twice and called it a day.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Squats 85kg 5,5,5
    Press 30kg 1 35kg 1
    Deadlift 110kg 1,1

Comments
    Everything felt awful today. My left shoulder's been killing me since yesterday when I helped clear out a room (though I've had this type of pain before and I think it's related to my poor posture when seated) and I really felt it during squats and presses. It's a dull aching pain and it came on more strongly when I squatted and pressed (though changing my grip during squats didn't alleviate it at all). Nonetheless, I should have stayed much more tight during the squats, they felt very hard on the way up due to me being stupid by not setting up properly. No way were the presses going to go up. I rarely deadlift well after crappy squats and again didn't set up properly, pulled twice and called it a day.
    Strong deadlift ! How much do you weigh / height ?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liftorrot)
    Strong deadlift ! How much do you weigh / height ?
    5'11 78/79kg
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squats 85kg 5,5,5
    Bench Press 40kg 5,5,5
    Rows 35kg 5,5,5

Comments
    Squats were better. Bench still feels pretty comfortable. Rows were okay. No shoulder pain.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    So... blowing the dust off of this. Can't believe I haven't trained since August.

Squat 50kg 5,5,5
    Bench Press 20kg 5,5,5
    Deadlift 70kg 5

Comments
    Kept everything pretty light for my first session back. Everything was very easy apart from the deadlifts which were a little challenging. I'm now trying to figure out what I'll do instead of ohps as the ceiling is too low to press. I'll probably do some sort of seated variation.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 30, 2014
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.