Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

iphone 4S signal and text issues

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I currently have the IPhone 4S on orange on a 24 month contract which i brought from the Tesco phone shop in store and everything is perfect apart from the signal and text receiving. In my house i sometimes can receive 2 maximum bars but a couple of seconds later i receive the "no service" come up on my phone so i have to switch aeroplane mode off and on again to get my coverage back "usually only 1 bar". I knew before i brought the phone that the coverage was not 3G enabled etc but it is loosing signal constantly and is very inconvenient and should not be happening.

Furthermore when i am texting my friends and family sometimes their messages come through instantly but regularly the text messages take up to half an hour to come through but if if they text again that message comes through then the previous message comes through after which is extremely inconvenient and unreliable. For £40 a month i should be getting a better service from Orange but apart from that orange are a great network for me. I have been researching online and i saw that the 4S has signal issues so the fault could be the phone and not the network ? i just wanna know if anyone has had issues with this any any tips ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :bump:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an iPhone 4 on O2 (don't know if the 4S has more signal issues but I know there was complaints about the 4 signal wise.) I've been getting a worse signal the last couple of months than I got at the start of the contract (I'm 18 months in) but nothing like that. Take it back to Tesco/Orange and see what they say. Even with known signal problems it should be that bad, so maybe your phone is faulty? Do other people on Orange in your area have any problems? If the issue is not sorted you should be able to get out of the contract as you're not getting the service you've contracted for.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Me too. I'm on three which ha awful reception.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The iPhone 4 had a problem with the antenna, I think the 4S has sorted that though.

Not sure if it's the same everywhere but where I'm from Orange is terrible, can't get a signal inside anywhere and as you say texts can take over a day to come. If you're within the time limit (14 days I think) you may be able to take it back.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-x)
    I have an iPhone 4 on O2 (don't know if the 4S has more signal issues but I know there was complaints about the 4 signal wise.) I've been getting a worse signal the last couple of months than I got at the start of the contract (I'm 18 months in) but nothing like that. Take it back to Tesco/Orange and see what they say. Even with known signal problems it should be that bad, so maybe your phone is faulty? Do other people on Orange in your area have any problems? If the issue is not sorted you should be able to get out of the contract as you're not getting the service you've contracted for.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    i have been wondering if the phone is faulty but i think it is the network to be honest. lately i have been keeping the mobile internet on at all times and i hardly loose signal and texts come through instantly

(Original post by Elwyn)
    The iPhone 4 had a problem with the antenna, I think the 4S has sorted that though.

Not sure if it's the same everywhere but where I'm from Orange is terrible, can't get a signal inside anywhere and as you say texts can take over a day to come. If you're within the time limit (14 days I think) you may be able to take it back.
    ahh yeh orange is a network i will never go back to thats for sure. i have had the phone for half a year now

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 24, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.