Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this all of my fault?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

I remember when I was about 16, I was going through a horrible phase of being disgusting towards family and acting like I thought I was amazing. My cousin at the time was around 14, and I remember vaguely at this party that we were both discussing how much we don't like our parents, how we don't like being told what to do, how we don't like living with them etc. I don't actually remember any of the conversation specifically but I know that thats what we were talking about.

My cousins parents are divorced, and a few months after that, she decided she wanted to go live with her dad, she said she couldn't take arguing with her mum anymore, even though I found out recently from her sister (my other cousin) that they infact didn't argue much at all.

Since then over the last 5 years, she's been on a downward spiral. She didn't like living with her dad, so she moved in with her dads grandparents, she's got involved with the wrong people, doing the wrong things, dropped out of sixth form, moving in with the wrong people, she's screwed up her life majorly, and won't talk to any family member on any side of her family whatsoever.

I can't help but think this is all my fault. If I hadn't have gone through that horrible phase of being a dick I might not have said those things not realising that she was so impressionable because I was naive myself. Do you think that I was solely the catalyst for all of this or is there more to it than I think?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One chat won't have made her choose the path she has done. It's tough when your parents split up, maybe you should talk to her about speaking to her mum?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizz)
    One chat won't have made her choose the path she has done. It's tough when your parents split up, maybe you should talk to her about speaking to her mum?
    I can't get hold of her, no one can, she ignores everyone and changes her number all the time. She apparently said to someone that if someone else hadn't have been there when she was talking to her sister that she would have 'swung for her'. I think she's on a lot of drugs and doesn't know what she's doing. But no one can stop her legally from moving in with these horrible people as she is 19.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can't influence people into being pathetic losers. That's innate.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontthinkso)
    You can't influence people into being pathetic losers. That's innate.
    But i was a pathetic loser but then turned out completely opposite. I don't understand why she wants to alienate everyone that cares for her , I thought that its a pretty instinctive thing to like people that care for you to protect yourself?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.