Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Facebook....is it becoming less popular??

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Source?
    http://www.i-d-s.com/exports/groceri...prod_1841.html
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I want to delete my Facebook but I have this strong feeling of not 'being able to' cos I have 1000+ photos I am tagged in from Uni. Also when I start back at my new Uni I'll have more photos to be tagged in.

I really want to delete it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think more and more people are realising its faults and whinging about them but I don't really see that many people actually deactivating their accounts (apart from a few weeks during exam seasons)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people are becoming frustrated with the number of people 'sharing' their own profile picture to get 100+ likes, and posting fascinating statuses such as "A bird just hit my window, lol ". I think the older teenagers are swaying toward Twitter, as you're not constantly worrying if you'll get likes/comments, while the younger kids are happy on Facebook as it's more interactive.

I personally am getting fed up with Facebook, especially as it mostly consists of people whining that they'll "never drink again" or that "Facebook is so boring now". Of course, the most painful is the classic "Someone new talk, I'm bored". It's actually starting to lose its procrastinating potential, as there's simply nothing new going on.

Sadly, a lot of events and gatherings are organised on Facebook.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)
    :lol:

No, not really. You can't replace "postal service" and "phone calls", but you can replace a social network.

Facebook isn't a necessity and certainly not the face of identity for the web.
    What is it, other than another method of communication?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still have it and use it, but mainly just to check events and organise things.
    Hardly ever post/update anything there, more to keep in contact with people that live a fair distance away.
    Stopped using it so much when they tried to fix what wasn't broken, by changing profiles, and adding and tweaking features that were fine anyway.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still have my facebook although I only use it to organise things with my friends and for uploading pictures of events.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's all about Google+ these days!

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniigrace)
    I still have my facebook although I only use it to organise things with my friends and for uploading pictures of events.
    Me too! I prefer Twitter now!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    #it'sallaboutwitter

Says it all really

#IDeleteAnyoneOnFacebookWhoUsesH ashtagsIrrelevantly
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by levellingmcs)
    Me too! I prefer Twitter now!
    Me too, its easier all my friends have it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've gone off Facebook too. I'm only keeping it until I graduate next year just so I can easily contact course-mates to discuss assignments and revision!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think so, not so many people use it any more.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got one, don't use it anywhere near as much as I used to and it's mainly for events and getting pictures after a night out. I've noticed there's less activity whenever I'm on there (though my younger cousin who's 15 has loads going on with his). I think a lot of people are outgrowing it now, the same as sites like Bebo, Faceparty and Myspace

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 26, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.