Results are out! Find what you Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Moving Out

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

    I should be going to university in september, but i live too close to halls to move out. However I share a room and there has been a numerous family issues and I think i need to start afresh. I have looked into council housing but I don't see any point and now looking at some student letting agencys. What I was really wanting was some advice at finding a place to live by myself.
  2. Offline

    Unfortunately, as a single, non-parent young student adult, the chances of you getting council housing lie between nil and nada.

    Your best bet will be to look for student houses that have spare rooms. Your university's accommodation service may have a list of people with spare rooms, or you could try the TSR Accommodation Classifieds forum. You could also try looking at private halls. Unfortunately you will struggle to find non-shared (as in sharing communal areas, not bedrooms) housing that is affordable on a student budget.


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2012
New on TSR

Your TSR exam season toolkit

Everything you need to know about study help on TSR

Article updates
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.