Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat

Sixth Form Captain Application Help

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    So basically it's come to the time where everyone is allowed to apply for Captain/Prefect roles.
    My sixth form is also a senior school and I am unfortunatly an external student who came form another school and joined the sixth form this year.
    Because I've only been at the school a year I have not been able to help the school in any way, so I just wanted your help in ideas for what I could write.

In my previous school I was head of the school council and also a senior prefect, so I am capable for the role.
    I study Further Maths, Drama, Chemistry and ICT. I have helped my friends with their maths work previously, but was not an offical mentor, so I wondered if I could include this

Any help would be appreciated, I copied the email we got sent today to give you and idea of the role.

Thanks!

Key responsibilities:
    • To act as a student representative between the Sixth Formers and staff at the school
    • To take a leading role in the running of the Sixth Form Centre, especially overseeing the order of the Learning Zone and the Common Room
    • To arrange key social events for the Sixth Form during the academic year
    • To coordinate all the Leavers arrangements at the end of Year 13; to organise in detail the Prom, the Sixth Form yearbook and leavers hoddies
    • To coordinate the annual Christmas assembly in the Sixth Form
    • To assist Sharon and Tracey in the canteen and to see that it runs smoothly
    • To work closely with the Director of Sixth Form and his team, assisting at school events and with Sixth Form administrative task, such as the Beyond 18 process
    • To act as a representative at the School & Sixth Form Open Evening
    • To work with the other Captains within the school (School, Games, Music)
    • To coordinate the Leavers Assembly, breakfast and balloon in June of Year 13
    • To meet at least every two weeks
    • To help raise standards of Teaching and Learning in the Sixth Form

Application Process:
    • All students in the Sixth Form are able to apply
    • Any student who applied to be School Captain is also able to apply
    • Please complete 1 side of A4 (no more) explaining why you would like to be a Sixth Form Captain and what you have done for the school in 2011/12 – this must be e-mailed by 12noon on Wednesday 27th June – shortlisting will take place that afternoon for interview the following day.
    • Brief interviews will take place on Thursday 28th June in the afternoon

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.