Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which computer / pc is better for gaming and video edditing tasks?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which of these 2 computers is better in terms of performance and speed in gaming and video editting and why:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2210470206...&_qi=RTM988219

OR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sphere-PC-...item4ab7d9b41a
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The intel one would be far better if you were to install your own graphics card as it does not have one, the CPU on this one is far superior though.

I think the AMD one would struggle to run relatively new games above low settings as the CPU isn't the best and neither is the graphics card.

Have you considered building your own PC? You would get better value and would be able to select the components that suit your requirements rather than buying a generic build some guy thinks will suit everyone.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danish987654)
    Which of these 2 computers is better in terms of performance and speed in gaming and video editting and why:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2210470206...&_qi=RTM988219

OR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sphere-PC-...item4ab7d9b41a
    1st one
    AMD Bulldozer FX-4170 4.2GHz Quad Core CPU It's ok generally, top of their fx-4xxx range, but Intel will do better
    8GB of 1333Mhz DDR3 RAMBranded ram and with heatsink just with the slower 1333mhz speed
    2TB Hard Drive Storage SpaceOld tech hard drive
    ATI Radeon HD 6670 2GB Graphics CardCheap version of 6670 with a barely decent cooler, will play modern games but on medium for good rates
    High Performance Gigabyte MotherboardNot high performance, cheapest motherboard they can find, and is a mATX with old tech
    Free Game Included (Worth £12.99!!)£4 game
    Galaxy Gaming Case & 450W Standard PSUGeneric case and generic power supply which isn't efficient and brake down easily
    Windows OS Not Included (Link to Upgrades Below)Need to buy your Windows
    FREE 1 Year Warranty (Link to Upgrades Below)

2nd One
    Processors good, probably best choice for video editing and gaming...as i5 would struggle with video editing a bit.
    Decent amount of ram, though not with heatsinks or at 1600mHz
    Hard drive seems fine
    Motherboard, again cheapest one they can get and is mATX.
    Graphics is onboard, so you'll need to buy one and set it up.
    Case is genericish and seems fine, add in a few fans...
    No mention of power supply, most likely generic, again they are troublesome.

So technically the 2nd is better for video editing, but the 1st is better for gaming..........

Why don't you like other person said, build one?
    Because getting a decent graphics card is around £85 which the 6850HD and then having to get a good power supply, another £40-£50
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies, they have been very helpful.

I would build my own computer, but I am quite new to assembling hardware. Plus I don't currently have any hardware to start the basics off

So I will get the Intel i7 one, unless a better unit comes on the market.

Once again, thanks very much!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:

I would build my own computer, but I am quite new to assembling hardware. Plus I don't currently have any hardware to start the basics off

Bare in mind you will probably not be able to play most games, well at least not past low settings.

Regarding building your own, everyone has to be new at something sometime! You don't need to start with hardware - you buy the parts and put them together!
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:

A new i7 costs about £250, thats half your budget gone mate..........
    You need to think properly about the purpose of the pc and your budget before thinking so far ahead.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2012
New on TSR

SQA results day chat

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.