Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you do when your parents tell you you have to break up wiht your partner?

Announcements Posted on

I love my boyfriend I have been seeing him for nearly a year and lied to my parents I told them he didnt exist,However they have met him and they now hate him. They met him once and said that they dont like him and I have to choose between him or them.

My parents have always made my life a living hell, they are controlling and possive my mum constantly puts me down calling me a waste of spce telling me she hates me, that she wished i was never born. She says she regrets having me so to be quite frank If i had to choose i would choose him over them because my family have made my life a living hell for as longas i can remeber, my mums caused me to have sevre depression. The only time i feel happy is when im with my boyfriend.

My mum said she didnt like him purely on looks she didnt even talk to him long enough to get to know what he is like her reasons for telling me to dump him is .
    1) Hes too old hes 24 im 19
    2)He will just be after sex, she basicaly tried to ban me from having sex again would disown me if she thought i had alkthough ive had sex with my boyfriend and i want to
    3)He too short hes like 3 inches shorter than me I dont care im not shallow
    4) He's 'common' hes not his parents live in a council house and he lives with them but he is on 40,000 a year is a accountant and has taken an exam to raise his position he lives at home because it means he lives rent free with bills paid and why wouldnt he?

Do you think its ok to lie to my mum and tell her ive dumped my boyfriend when i haven tkeep seeing him in secret then once im at uni and out of home tell her im with him and she can lump it

Btw she does get violent hence why i wont tell her to lump it now becasue tbh imscared of what she will do, she hits me or throws stuff at me id rather keep the peace while im at home
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just assert yourself, it's your life not hers, If I was in your situation I would distance myself from her as much as possible. Sometimes dumping your family is the better option.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I love my boyfriend I have been seeing him for nearly a year and lied to my parents I told them he didnt exist,However they have met him and they now hate him. They met him once and said that they dont like him and I have to choose between him or them.

My parents have always made my life a living hell, they are controlling and possive my mum constantly puts me down calling me a waste of spce telling me she hates me, that she wished i was never born. She says she regrets having me so to be quite frank If i had to choose i would choose him over them because my family have made my life a living hell for as longas i can remeber, my mums caused me to have sevre depression. The only time i feel happy is when im with my boyfriend.

My mum said she didnt like him purely on looks she didnt even talk to him long enough to get to know what he is like her reasons for telling me to dump him is .
    1) Hes too old hes 24 im 19
    2)He will just be after sex, she basicaly tried to ban me from having sex again would disown me if she thought i had alkthough ive had sex with my boyfriend and i want to
    3)He too short hes like 3 inches shorter than me I dont care im not shallow
    4) He's 'common' hes not his parents live in a council house and he lives with them but he is on 40,000 a year is a accountant and has taken an exam to raise his position he lives at home because it means he lives rent free with bills paid and why wouldnt he?

Do you think its ok to lie to my mum and tell her ive dumped my boyfriend when i haven tkeep seeing him in secret then once im at uni and out of home tell her im with him and she can lump it

Btw she does get violent hence why i wont tell her to lump it now becasue tbh imscared of what she will do, she hits me or throws stuff at me id rather keep the peace while im at home
    The bolded say's it all really.

They don't want you. They issued the ultimatum. Their love is conditional.
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    The bolded say's it all really.

They don't want you. They issued the ultimatum. Their love is conditional.
    This

Why should you do as they say when they say sentence in bold.
    Your life, your decision!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is there any chance of you moving in with your boyfriend? I would ditch your family based on what you've said.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.