The Student Room Group

Which country has the best flag?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
The Chinese flag is really simple but really effective. I also love the American flag and the Brazillian flag.
Original post by TRS-T
PC has gone mad.

St. George's Cross is seen as a racist/far-right symbol.

I think its more to do with the thread being about flag aesthetics, not bigging up a flag cos its yours.
Original post by DYKWIA
I'm confused. They look the same.

Yes, other european countries had imperialistic ambitions too.

The USA doesn't have an empire and never has. There is a difference. The US helps countries that it gets involved in, as opposed to destroying them. Look at what happened to India, Africa, the middle east. The USA is still cleaning up the problems caused by European imperialism.

joke of the century

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Kallisto
Sri Lanka fascinates me currently so much, because a lion with a sword is in this flag, isn't it?

The lion with the sword is true.
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE

Thanks for answer! By the way what is the meaning of it?
Original post by DYKWIA

Iraq was a success and most people in Iraq are thankful for US intervention. Heck, your tony blair agreed with it too. I thought he was a cool guy.

Hardly any of those were killed by US forces, so don't go throwing around arbitrary numbers.

Iraq was in a better state when we left. The same cannot be said of Africa or India when england left.

It is a small nation surrounded by 'not so nice' nations who only want Israel destroyed. Israel needs to flex its muscles to defend itself.

Tony Blair with a blithering idiot, theres a good reason he was ejected from office halfway through his term...

again if you bring up every iraqi and ask if theyre happy you flattened their country im not so sure many would be very happy... what is democracy if you dont life to see it?

I was commenting on the Korean war not iraqi there but none the less, since we never had afirca how exactly did we leave it? and besides you can blaim US war mongering for the African cluster **** aswell with your country and the Russians arming diferent factions to the hilt. What was wrong with India when we left, or are you talking about partition?

It is an illegally stolen slab of land that should never have been created, how would you like it if someone suddenly decided **** it and appropriated ohio, texas and washington or some such states and proclaimed them a new nation? youd be rightly ****ed off thats what. And why shouldnt they want Israel destroyed? Israel has done nothing but slaughter civillians since its creation.
Original post by Moscardini
There was a legend were two dragons fought each other, the red dragon came from Wales and beat the invading white dragon(english) also I think there's a wizard involved in the story somewhere but I can't remember. I imagine it's on google somewhere :P

I have check your answer on google and you are right. There were dragons which fought each other and there was also a wizard called Merlin in terms of the story. Very well! thanks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 167
Errrm, now lets see....WALES!

It has a gigantic red dragon on it, in my opinion there is really nowhere you can go from that! :biggrin:
Reply 168
Original post by DYKWIA

no contest...

brazil's aint bad though.

Was only a matter of time before some nauseatingly patriotic Yank came along.
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE

Damn, someone beat me to it.

Good flags are

Sri Lankan
Welsh
Union Flag

I honestly think USA's flag is ugly, no appeal to it. Union Flag looks nice neat and is unique. Sri Lankan has a cool lion with sword (Slight bias because parents are from SL). Welsh flag has dragons!!!
Reply 170
Macedonia has a cool flag
Original post by mc1000
Was only a matter of time before some nauseatingly patriotic Yank came along.

Just cause he said 'no contest' doesn't necessarily mean he is a 'nauseatinly patriotic Yank'.
Reply 172
my favourites:

Bird FTW (bird is the word) - DOMINICA

Cool little castle - GIBRALTAR

Special mention to nepal for not being rectangular, but cannot qualify for the list
My profile flag of course. :u:

Original post by DYKWIA
The US helps countries that it gets involved in, as opposed to destroying them.

Bahahahahahaha. I'm sure Vietnam is thankful for all the 'help' it received from the US :borat:
I've always been a fan of Nigerias flag, nothing flashy like, but it's decent

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1340553722.135234.jpg

World Peace (V)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Norton1
The French flag?

139px-White_flag_waving.svg.png

ZING!

Well done sir
Lombardy :biggrin:
a96845_Lombardy.gif

Quick Reply