Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

PLEASE HELP!! Applied Science A-level and pharmacy

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone

im just wondering if universities accept students in school of pharmacy if they have A-level Applied science and a biology a-level?
    so im doing french,business,applied science and biology a-level.
    will universities still accept me to study pharmacy with these a-levels?because as you know chemistry is the most important but i failed chemistry so i dropped it and i've always wanted to study pharmacy

thank you very much xx
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think many places would want you to do chemistry, but the best thing to do is to actually email the universities you want to go to. As you failed chemistry, and as that's a requirement for pharmacy - you may not be able to keep up with the workload. You can see if you could do something such as a foundation degree, which is an extra year but can lead you do a pharmacy degree if you do not have the correct qualifications.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It will limit your options but hopefully you will find somewhere. Some universities don't accept Applied A Levels or will only accept one Applied subject and two others but as you're doing 4 A Levels, you should be fine (your Business A Level isn't applied, right?)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am not an expert, but I expect that universities will accept a biology A level for studying pharmacy. Chemistry will probably be desired as well, although applied science probably will be accepted it may not be preferred.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.