Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Apple

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mum recently gave me her iPod touch. She had music, apps etc... on there that were bought from her credit card a while back. However although the payments were made under her account, the music, apps etc... were for me (I paid for it by transferring money into her account). I used to borrow the iPod touch when I went out so I thought I would buy some things and transfer the money to my mum's credit card so she doesn't have to fork out the costs (she approved for me to buy things)

Now the problem I have is in iMessage (I've got my mum's email address there) and when I buy things its using her credit card of which is really irritating as now I will have the iPod touch for the future (a lot)

Is there a way that I can keep the purchases but change the email address and credit card information to a new card?

Edit: I changed the iMessage email address but unsure about credit card information (if I change the credit card does it mean I will lose all previous purchases next time I sync my iPod to the computer?)
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you go into your account on iTunes (PC/Mac) it gives you the option of changing both your email address and credit card.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    If you go into your account on iTunes (PC/Mac) it gives you the option of changing both your email address and credit card.
    Hi i've changed my email address. That part is sorted but my card won't get accepeted

its halifax current account (got it when I was under 18 and its a debit card NOT a credit card)

what could be the problem?
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    Hi i've changed my email address. That part is sorted but my card won't get accepeted

its halifax current account (got it when I was under 18 and its a debit card NOT a credit card)

what could be the problem?
    I use a debit card on ny iTunes account, that shouldn't be an issue.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I use a debit card on ny iTunes account, that shouldn't be an issue.
    Alright, I think it is my card as I've had problems with it when ordering things online before. I assume it has to do with when I got the card (before 18). Besides the card is due to expire so I might as well move over now.

Cheers
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never had issues with debit cards. Been using them since i was 13.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It possibly will be more the lightly be your debit card. Especially if its yours is under 18 one. Really you should have been sent a replacement from your bank at some point when you turned 18. Apple allows every card going on there store so it shouldn't be a problem. I know I use my debit card on my account.

Best thing to do is to ring your bank and request a new card. If they won't send you one (i.e. because its not broken) just tell them you've snapped it. Takes up to 5 working days so you might need to draw money out before hand or you'll have to physically go into the bank with your broken card and ID to draw money out. Its a hassle for the couple of days but you'll get a new card just make sure you specify you want a card with all the things like £300 withdrawal, online use, contactless payment (if they offer it). I had to do it because i snapped my card on a night out! Not sure what its actually like with a student account card or under 18 account but they won't question a replacement on a normal current or premium account (I use HSBC advance for the free stuff!) They won't let me open a student account even though I have an unconditional offer because I have a full current account without a full letter from the uni -_-
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKAllison)
    It possibly will be more the lightly be your debit card. Especially if its your under 18 one. Really you should have beens end a replacement from your bank at some point when you turned 18. Apple allows every card going on there store so it shouldn't be a problem. I know I use my debit card on my account.

Best thing to do is to ring your bank and request a new card. If they won't send you one (i.e. because its not broken) just tell them you've snapped it. Takes up to 5 working days so you might need to draw money out before hand or you'll have to physically go into the bank with your broken card and ID to draw money out. Its a hassle for the couple of days but you'll get a new card just make sure you specify you want a card with all the things like £300 withdrawal, online use, contactless payment (if they offer it). I had to do it because i snapped my card on a night out! Not sure what its actually like with a student account card or under 18 account but they won't question a replacement on a normal current or premium account (I use HSBC advance for the free stuff!) They won't let me open a student account even though I have an unconditional offer because I have a full current account without a full letter from the uni -_-
    okay thanks a very helpful post!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't lose any of your apps etc. by transferring the details.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    okay thanks a very helpful post!
    More than welcome! Any other problems drop me a PM!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 24, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.