The Student Room Group

Temp Job....

Hey Guys,

I'm heading to Australia in December or January, and unfortunately I won't be able to get a job until late September due to a number of different factors. I know this doesn't leave me a very long time to save up some money for my trip. I'm just wondering, when applying for jobs, would I apply for a permanent position or a temporary one?

Whilst I'm in Australia, I'll be on the on the year working visa, which would mean I'm only able to stay at a company for 6 months at a time. Does this mean I'd apply for a permanent position, then hand my notice in just before my 6 months are up? Or just apply for a temporary position?

Do I need to let the employer know how long I intend to stay for at a job in the UK or Aus?

Sorry if it's a really dumb question... which I have a feeling it is!

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by DamMac
Hey Guys,

I'm heading to Australia in December or January, and unfortunately I won't be able to get a job until late September due to a number of different factors. I know this doesn't leave me a very long time to save up some money for my trip. I'm just wondering, when applying for jobs, would I apply for a permanent position or a temporary one?

Whilst I'm in Australia, I'll be on the on the year working visa, which would mean I'm only able to stay at a company for 6 months at a time. Does this mean I'd apply for a permanent position, then hand my notice in just before my 6 months are up? Or just apply for a temporary position?

Do I need to let the employer know how long I intend to stay for at a job in the UK or Aus?

Sorry if it's a really dumb question... which I have a feeling it is!

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you can apply for a permanent job and just leave when you leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending