The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
the law school requires applicants to sit the Law National Admissions Test (LNAT)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Charleigh
Is it true that you need some sort of exam or job experience in order to get in? (I mean: Is it unnormal to get an offer if you've only got your A-levels?)

You do not really need job experience, but it would certainly not hurt your application.

It is true that you need to take the LNAT to even be considered. A score of 14+/30 is an unstated requirement for consideration.

Ones A Level grades has to be at least AAB/b.

GCSE Maths and English C.

That's about it really.

Also, to apply to Kings one has to also be incredibly patient, as they are unapologetically slow, possibly the slowest in the country, within the exception of UCL.
Reply 3
hehe... okay..

It just that my boyfriend -who is currently a philosophy student at Cambridge- wants to change to law somewhere in London. He only applied for LSE and SOAS, as he has heard that you need that LNAT thingie to apply for the other good unis... (how long does that take? A year?! Sorry... I know NOTHING about it!! haha... EDIT: Oh, it's like a TOEFL test?? So it would take like a few hours, or??)

He should probably apply for a few more I think. But if he can't do that without that LNAT thing there's really nothing he can do! Is there??
Reply 4
The LNAT is a two hour test u have to sit. You cant really prepare for this test so there is no course you need to take. If your boyfriend wanted to apply for KCL Law next year, all he would have to do is book the text around november and then turn up at the test centre to take the test. UCL and KCL both want the LNAT so he really must take it, and anyway i dont think he`d have any problems with it.
Reply 5
Also, to apply to Kings one has to also be incredibly patient, as they are unapologetically slow, possibly the slowest in the country, within the exception of UCL.
KCL was my second offer. :confused: At the start of December. I know lots of other people who got offers around then as well. Also, UCL don't seem to have been as bad this year as they have in previous years (from what I can gather).
Reply 6
A score of 14+/30 is an unstated requirement for consideration.

Funny.. Lots of people in my year at KCL hold rather low LNAT scores... Maybe you're mistaken?

I'd say there's no magic formula.. :smile:

Latest