The Student Room Group

Fitness first interview - personal trainer.

//
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Don't say you were influenced by the exercise regime of Patrick Bateman
Original post by Planar
Don't say you were influenced by the exercise regime of Patrick Bateman

I had to Google him - I evidently don't go to the cinema enough :biggrin:.
Reply 3
Original post by somethingbeautiful
I had to Google him - I evidently don't go to the cinema enough :biggrin:.

I can hear you in your interview now, "I can do 1000 now."
Hi, has anyone had experience of a phone interview with fitness first or a phone interview in general?

Also, has anyone who has done the personal trainer course got any opinions of it, or advice?

How did your interview go or did you have it? i have one tomorrow and I have no idea what it's going to be like. They gave me a link with possible questions or info on the interview but it wasn't working :frown:
Original post by Sprockette
How did your interview go or did you have it? i have one tomorrow and I have no idea what it's going to be like. They gave me a link with possible questions or info on the interview but it wasn't working :frown:

I would advise you to be very cautious. They charge you £3,000 for the training course - they did not mention this at all in their advertisement. I grew suspicious after Googling them because the opportunity seemed way too good to be true. They claim that they will train you in 6 weeks and you will have a guaranteed job at one of their fitness centres afterwards. They just want money out of people. Just be very careful. Even if I had the money I wouldn't give it to them. My university tuition fees were £3,000 a year. Fitness First asked me for £3,000 for a 6 week course - that is insane.

If you Google it you will find others who have had the same experience - I just wish I'd Googled it sooner and not wasted my time applying and getting interviewed.

Edit: Just in case anyone decides to do the phone 'interview' - it's not an interview at all to be honest.They basically talk at you about how great Fitness First is and they tell you where your local centre is and ask if that would be an okay distance for you to travel. The only 'interview' type question that I was asked was 'so you want to be a personal trainer?' - well of course since that's what I applied for! The phone 'interview' felt more like one of those telemarketing calls - they were trying to sell basically and didn't give me much opportunity to speak. When she finally gave me chance I asked her if there were any costs and she started talking about other stuff. I had to asked her about costs three times before she gave me a direct answer. At that point I politely ended the phone call lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
I would advise you to be very cautious. They charge you £3,000 for the training course - they did not mention this at all in their advertisement. I grew suspicious after Googling them because the opportunity seemed way too good to be true. They claim that they will train you in 6 weeks and you will have a guaranteed job at one of their fitness centres afterwards. They just want money out of people. Just be very careful. Even if I had the money I wouldn't give it to them. My university tuition fees were £3,000 a year. Fitness First asked me for £3,000 for a 6 week course - that is insane.

If you Google it you will find others who have had the same experience - I just wish I'd Googled it sooner and not wasted my time applying and getting interviewed.

Edit: Just in case anyone decides to do the phone 'interview' - it's not an interview at all to be honest.They basically talk at you about how great Fitness First is and they tell you where your local centre is and ask if that would be an okay distance for you to travel. The only 'interview' type question that I was asked was 'so you want to be a personal trainer?' - well of course since that's what I applied for! The phone 'interview' felt more like one of those telemarketing calls - they were trying to sell basically and didn't give me much opportunity to speak. When she finally gave me chance I asked her if there were any costs and she started talking about other stuff. I had to asked her about costs three times before she gave me a direct answer. At that point I politely ended the phone call lol.

I had come to this conclusion last night actually! I was looking up others peoples experiences and yeah, £2-3k? No chance! To be honest, it's not my dream job. I wouldn't mind going into the area (I am basically looking at anything where I'll have progression and some prospects other than minimum wage with no experience) but I'm not paying that amount of money for it! Thanks for the reply anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending