Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i need a new show to get into

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i like to get high and watch some good **** before i sleep, but i've ran out of things to watch

i'm looking for something that ISN'T british (i find that typically british dramas/series are garbage), and is on the same level as the following shows:

lost
    prison break
    the shield
    the wire
    the walking dead
    breaking bad
    spartacus
    game of thrones

it must be as good as one of the above (if ur in the same position as me, any of those shows i listed above will blow u away). i don't want something like dexter (a 2nd tier show) or chuck, i need something that's really tense and has a good story/visuals.

any suggestions are much appreciated, will probably look at the trailer of everything suggested on this thread

cheers

edit: try think of something that anybody is guaranteed to like
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fringe maybe? A lot like the X-Files and I enjoyed it. Or Boardwalk Empire?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You seem to have the exact same taste in TV as me (except for your opinion of Dexter, but I'll let that slide...)

Have you checked out Sons of Anarchy? Brilliantly written.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elwyn)
    You seem to have the exact same taste in TV as me (expect for your opinion of Dexter, but I'll let that slide...)

Yes! And that, totally forgot about it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you have seen it, but if you havn't definately watch the sopranos!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Revenge' is ok. Personally I loved 'Simon Reeve's Indian Ocean'. I know it isn't in line with the examples you gave but a change can be good and it is really informative and fun.
    What did you think of Spartacus? I've just found out about it and although I was a bit dubious when I watched the first episode, I've now grown use to the unreal sprays of blood and sex. Seeing a random naked women in the crowd at an arena now seems rather normal to me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWalkinDude)
    Fringe maybe? A lot like the X-Files and I enjoyed it. Or Boardwalk Empire?
    watched the first 2 episodes of fringe yesterday, it was terrible..

i've seen boardwalk empire

(Original post by Elwyn)
    You seem to have the exact same taste in TV as me (except for your opinion of Dexter, but I'll let that slide...)

nope, trailer'ing it now
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Body of Proof
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Dexter is second tier? I thought the first 4 Seasons were of a really high quality.

I could recommend some comedies but I haven't watched any mind blowing dramas that aren't on your list.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by downSyndromeGUY_)
    watched the first 2 episodes of fringe yesterday, it was terrible..
    Do not blaspheme! Fringe is excellent! The guy who plays Walter Bishop is excellent!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been told Dollhouse is good.. If you don't mind really short series the Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes I found quite good and 'the Wire'-like.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could try Deal or no Deal. Always a rollercoaster.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    k sons of anarchy looks 2nd tier, revenge looks gay, and yeah dexter is definitely a 2nd tier show.. it's not as good as the ones i listed
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Middle. It is absolute frigging hilarious. It's like a more toned-down but funnier version of Malcolm in the Middle (ironic with the titles I know) but with better characters and a more realistic plot. Honestly our whole family settles down to watch it every weekday it's on, it's amazing!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    breaking bad
    it must be as good as one of the above
    Not possible. Breaking Bad is in a league of its own.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    Not possible. Breaking Bad is in a league of its own.
    breaking bad is insane, cant wait for season 5

hector is such a bawss lol

edit: lost is definitely the best show to watch when ur stoned
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    House - you won't regret getting into this. Fabulous beginning, great ending! Something to think about every episode; best series I ever watched. Much better than Prison Break where Season 3 get's boring, House has 8 seasons, all of which are equally engaging and interesting!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britchick)
    The Middle. It is absolute frigging hilarious. It's like a more toned-down but funnier version of Malcolm in the Middle (ironic with the titles I know) but with better characters and a more realistic plot. Honestly our whole family settles down to watch it every weekday it's on, it's amazing!
    I agree it's good, but it's not the same type of high budget tense viewing the others are. Similar to Modern Family, and that is hilarious.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmsavk)
    House - you won't regret getting into this. Fabulous beginning, great ending! Something to think about every episode; best series I ever watched. Much better than Prison Break where Season 3 get's boring, House has 8 seasons, all of which are equally engaging and interesting!
    i've been so close to watching it so many times but i don't think it's my kinda thing

i wanna see some zombies get punched to death, or a black smoke monster controlling an island. something crazy that'll keep me on my toes - maybe aliens taking over the world if that doesn't already exist
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Twin Peaks-one of the highest rated series of all time. 2 series ~25 episodes of amazing storytelling with memorable characters and quotes. Can't recommend it enough.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.