The Student Room Group

UWC Scholarship Application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariaellie
are you guys applying through the british comitee?

Nope, I'm applying through the Singapore Committee. Each country has its own committee, so you apply through the one in yours. (:

This is posted from my awesome android :smile:
Reply 21
oh ok, thanks. Do the essay questions vary across committees, that whole 'tell us about an embarrassing moment and how it has formed you as a person' seems really tricky!
Original post by mariaellie
oh ok, thanks. Do the essay questions vary across committees, that whole 'tell us about an embarrassing moment and how it has formed you as a person' seems really tricky!

I think they do differ. I was talking to Kristina who got a scholarship in UWC and she's from Serbia. Her essay questions relate to current scenarios going on in her country. So I think they may ask you questions more orientated towards your country in some cases. You may want to check out the application form in yours. Where are you from? 0.0

Yeah, I'm still figuring out how to write that part for my committee! :P

Reply 23
Original post by lemmethinkaboutit
I think they do differ. I was talking to Kristina who got a scholarship in UWC and she's from Serbia. Her essay questions relate to current scenarios going on in her country. So I think they may ask you questions more orientated towards your country in some cases. You may want to check out the application form in yours. Where are you from? 0.0

Yeah, I'm still figuring out how to write that part for my committee! :P

the uk. I just have no idea what to write about myself, i hoped my personality would come through in the questions i had to answer in the form then i realize they want a whole extra essay, hm this could take a lot of thought :smile:
Reply 24
Hi, I'm planning to apply to UWC for the school year 2013 :smile: My grades aren't fantastic, I've got a mixture of As, Bs and Cs, but I'm involved in quite a number of extra-cocurricular activities. Was just wondering what your grades were like when you applied, and if it played a major role in your acceptance etc. :smile:
which college are you most intrerested into?brautundabendkleider.com
Original post by helios02
Yup same! Hahaha it's so exciting. Do you know any other people applying for it?

Yeah haha hopefully they will :smile: Yeah definitely more than one, maybe 2-3? Haha I'm not sure. It was about that last year. Ohh naice (: Yup I have! Student Council, MUN President and a few other ones. What about you? (:

Hey! Have you submitted the application form yet? And if you have did you receive any acknowledgement from the committee on whether they received it?

Thanks. (:
Reply 27
Original post by lemmethinkaboutit
Hey! Have you submitted the application form yet? And if you have did you receive any acknowledgement from the committee on whether they received it?

Thanks. (:

Hey I submitted it on Friday. I just received an email confirming receipt :smile: you?
Hey I submitted it on Friday. I just received an email confirming receipt :smile: you?

I submitted it sometime in October. Yeah, I received an email today only too. I think they wanted to wait till they received all the applications then send a mass email to acknowledge it.
Got me a bit worried because I started wondering if my post got lost or something haha.
Well, now all we gotta do is wait for the next week and a half...

Hey guys:smile:
I'm currently studying at the UWC in India. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
I know how stressful this process can be so I'm here to help :P
You can also check out my blog www.marymuwci.blogspot.in but I just started it so there aren't many posts yet :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm applying from Singapore too! :wink: I think there's quite a lot of people applying this year though. :biggrin: I'm really nervous to see if I could get into the interview haha.
Original post by ohmysexypig
I'm applying from Singapore too! :wink: I think there's quite a lot of people applying this year though. :biggrin: I'm really nervous to see if I could get into the interview haha.

Hi! Yeah, from TSR itself through this thread there are 3 people including you and me. But I think quite a few people will be called for the first interview. It is quite intense competition. I totally agree its slightly nerve-wrecking. :/
Reply 32

Haha yeah I think lots of people don't make it though to the interview :\ Haha idk yeah it seems so. Do you know any other people applying? Oh & which school are you from? I'm from SJII hahaha
Yeah I think it'll be pretty hard but I hope we all do! :biggrin: Nope I don't know of anyone else applying, I was quite surprised when you guys had people applying from your schools cause nobody from mine knew about it! :wink: I'm from RVHS!
Did you all get the interview? I'm really nervous omg!:eek:
Reply 35
yeah i think it'll be pretty hard but i hope we all do! :d nope i don't know of anyone else applying, i was quite surprised when you guys had people applying from your schools cause nobody from mine knew about it! :wink: i'm from rvhs!

guys did you get an interview? :OOO
Prepare yourselves well for the interview!! I remember wishing someone had given me more of a heads up about it, some of the questions were reeeallly unexpected :P Like views on homosexuals, teacher/student relationships, celibacy, etc.

It does vary though depending on the UWC/National Committee/etc. Some people I know had really normal questions, and some claim to have had really hard ones like "Describe your life philosophy in one sentence."

Good luck:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
guys did you get an interview? :OOO

Hey, did any of you get an email calling you for the interview?
Yes I did! Did you all? :biggrin:
Reply 39
Hi! I'm from Singapore too and I just got the interview too, ohmysexypig. (Nice username, hahaha!) It's this Saturday and I'm extremely nervous. I'm rather shocked that I got the interview and very, very glad! Has anyone else gotten the interview too?

Quick Reply

Latest