The Student Room Group

What's a good anime?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Inverse
I see you're American. Let me guess, you're obese, poorly educated, have an invisible friend you name "God" and hate gay people.

Generalising 300,000,000 people in one sentence? Very intelligent bro, very intelligent.
Reply 61
Original post by EmilyAl
Loads of my friends like anime/manga and they're trying to get me into it, so what's a good one to get me into it?

This may not be regarded as Anime but I do recommend Avatar: The Last Airbender. Its got a fantastic storyline.
Reply 62
Original post by Nihilum
Generalising 300,000,000 people in one sentence? Very intelligent bro, very intelligent.

Generalizing a whole countries animation style in one sentence? Very intelligent bro, very intelligent.

There are plenty of anime that are very highly regarded by movie critics and the like, I.E. people who don't regularly watch anime, and who aren't in the weeaboo sub-culture.

But if you really want to think of all anime as either pokemon or lucky star, I honestly won't stop you. You may live in you blissful ignorance for the rest of your life for all I care.
Reply 63
Original post by Nihilum

Are you too thick to tell that I was being sarcastic?
Reply 64
Original post by Inverse
Are you too thick to tell that I was being sarcastic?

Sarcasm over the internet? Very witty bro, very witty.
Reply 65
Original post by Nihilum
Sarcasm over the internet? Very witty bro, very witty.

Why are you referring to me as "bro"? Do you think you're cool?
Reply 66
It really depends on what you like. Anime has a genre for almost anything. There are sports anime, horror anime, classic stories, and a lot more. Just find one with a topic that suits you.
Reply 67
Original post by KyraBloke
amine.png

Aff, i thought you asked for good amines :/

lol I did that with an amine thread.
Reply 68
Pick a genre you like. Personally I'm quite into shounen (male young-adult) - Naruto being the first subtitled anime I watched and it got me hooked. Been following Naruto for 8 years now, so I'd recommend it if you like action with themes like morality, commitment and friendship.

If you want a shounen with a bit of a mystery element I'd recommend Death Note which is quite popular. It's a cat-and-mouse scenario between two geniuses, one on the side of the law and the other a utilitarian with the ability to kill anonymously, and it follows the latter person as his power corrupts and maddens him.

There are lots of animes to be suggested, but those are two that I enjoyed and that I know are quite popular. Other popular animes worth looking into are Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach and One Piece. There are other genres out there aside from shounen but I haven't watched much from them so I'm not in a good position to recommend. What you'll enjoy the most will depend on what you like, so just try out any animes you like the sound of.
don't watch one piece as your first anime. Although it is the greatest anime ever (my opinion) it may put you off all together because the first 30 or so episodes are a pile of ****.

For you first ever, please watch Death note and/or Full metal alchemist. A whole world is waiting to be discovered... :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by False Utopia
don't watch one piece as your first anime. Although it is the greatest anime ever (my opinion) it may put you off all together because the first 30 or so episodes are a pile of ****.

For you first ever, please watch Death note and/or Full metal alchemist. A whole world is waiting to be discovered... :smile:

I would agree about not watching one piece first unless you have all the episodes so far and you are willing to sit through the whole thing for several hours!
Reply 71
My favourites are Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach, and of the course the all time classic, Pokémon!

Treat anime like you would any other TV programme. Don't just watch something because everybody else does, or even feel the need to enjoy it! As many people have already mentioned, watch an anime which suits your preferences. Some people may think Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach or Pokémon are lame, but I couldn't give a flying ****, i enjoy watching them and will do for a hell of a long time!
Reply 72
Squid Girl

De Geso!!
Original post by lukas1051
There's no such thing. Anime is for children.

LOOOL, wall of red, I see the weeaboo parade finally discovered my post.

Wow please educate yourself with it before suggesting it's for children.

And clearly since you think it's so.. you don't understand it or appreciate it please do us a favour and be quiet or take your petty opinion elsewhere.

OP, well Studio Ghibli is a good place to start, how about looking at anime shorts such as Cat Soup which I want to watch!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 74
Ouran High School Host Club is the only one I've ever been able to watch without wanting to put my face through a brick wall :rolleyes:
Reply 75
Code Geass. Grabbed my attention from the very first moment!
Reply 76
Elfen Lied! :love:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X
Dude, if you like some mystery anime which will make you question your whole existence, you should totally watch Paranoia Agent.
Original post by dangerzone16
Dude, if you like some mystery anime which will make you question your whole existence, you should totally watch Paranoia Agent.

mite try it sometime after exams :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending