The Student Room Group

Importance of predicted grades.

I'm looking at applying to university for 2013 entry and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with how big a role predicted grades come into the offers given. I'm looking to apply for BA Politics at a few Russell Group universities and with AS exams over I was just curious as to how crucial the past year was. If anyone could help answer my question that would be great :smile:
In terms of getting offers from anyone but Oxbridge, AS grades don't amount to much. Universities go on predicted grades rather than actual achieved grades, certainly for the arts subjects

For example, I got all five of my offers for History and Politics, 4/5 of them were RG. My predicted grades were AAA. My AS grades were BBCC - average I know, wish I'd worked harder. Manchester University (my firm) for example at an open day said that everyone who was predicted AAB+ got an offer; it really is that simple.

Don't however be duped like I was into thinking year 12 is unimportant, because it simply isn't. It counts for 50% of your final grade, and if you do well you save yourself so much stress and uncertainty in year 13, as I discovered to my expense.

The bottom line is work your balls of in year 12, avoid resits. Its worth it in the end.

Hope this answers your question :smile:
Reply 2
Very important, more important than actual AS grades! I got AAA at AS, predicted AAB, and got rejected by UCL (requiring AAA) because of my predicted grades.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
I had to guarantee myself a gap year because of my predicted grades :cry: Do whatever you can to get the best. Seriously, whatever it takes!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending