Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Petition: End the TV License

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    So the main argument against this petition can be summarised like this:

"The BBC makes good quality programming, therefore people ought to be forced to pay a subscription fee for it."

Proponents of this argument need to acquaint themselves with the is/ought problem. And I'm also curious if they would be cool with everyone being forced to buy a loaf of Warburtons every week, because well... they make the best bloody bread in Britain!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    Yes, you've made the point very well, they're all shockingly bad aren't they! It's also nice when you get to see the adverts, isn't it?
    the shows ive listed (the top ones) are acknowledged as som e of the best tv ever made

and game of thrones is argued as the best thing on tv today

and yes i like adverts how would i know what tv shows are startin g soon without them

or new games coming out without having to google every 2 hours

or new films

sure there are some annoying adverts but for the most part adverts are useful
    • 36 followers

I clicked this thinking it was the 'Raise the license fee for households with more than three TVs or equivalent' petition, and got very confused for a moment. :laugh:

No from me.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I clicked this thinking it was the 'Raise the license fee for households with more than three TVs or equivalent' petition, and got very confused for a moment. :laugh:

No from me.
    How can you continue to support state funds being spent on television channels whilst babies die of aids in Africa?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    How can you continue to support state funds being spent on television channels whilst babies die of aids in Africa?
    what happened to the "its not our job to save african babies" attitude?
    • 36 followers

(Original post by internetguru)
    You could say that about just about every single thing any government spends money on tbh; I don't think television is an insignificant/irrelevant investment. Also, aren't you anti-foreign aid? :holmes:

Or are you 'just messing' with us again? :rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    You could say that about just about every single thing any government spends money on tbh; I don't think television is an insignificant/irrelevant investment. Also, aren't you anti-foreign aid? :holmes:

Or are you 'just messing' with us again? :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    what happened to the "its not our job to save african babies" attitude?
    I am still against foreign aid but I would rather spend the license fee on something useful that helps people.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopite493)
    the shows ive listed (the top ones) are acknowledged as som e of the best tv ever made

and game of thrones is argued as the best thing on tv today

and yes i like adverts how would i know what tv shows are startin g soon without them

or new games coming out without having to google every 2 hours

or new films

sure there are some annoying adverts but for the most part adverts are useful
    :doctor:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    :doctor:
    why casue i enjoy adverts?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Division!!
Updated: June 29, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.