Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A* in further maths

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I know questions like this are asked pretty frequently but i just wanted to know specifically.

If I have D1- 93, S2- 96, FP1- 97, M2- 100, FP2- 90 what do I need in FP3 tomorrow, for an A*.

More specifically, will S2, M2 and FP2 count as my A2 modules meaning I only need 4 in FP3 for an A*, or will FP3 have to go towards the A*, meaning I need 80?

Thanks in advance!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas93)
    I know questions like this are asked pretty frequently but i just wanted to know specifically.

If I have D1- 93, S2- 96, FP1- 97, M2- 100, FP2- 90 what do I need in FP3 tomorrow, for an A*.

More specifically, will S2, M2 and FP2 count as my A2 modules meaning I only need 4 in FP3 for an A*, or will FP3 have to go towards the A*, meaning I need 80?

Thanks in advance!
    Any "A2" units (units which have any number other than 1 in them which aren't core units) can count towards further maths A2. You are also required to put 1 of FP2 and FP3 into further maths a level, either AS or A2, so long story short yes, S2, M2 and FP2 can be your units in the further maths A2 .
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    80 in FP3 isn't necessary for an A*, as you've already achieved a 90% average across three A2 units. You only need 4UMS in FP3 now to maintain an 80% overall average and hence get an A*.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You two have made my day... Thank you! :')
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you're hoping to get an A* in further maths and you can't do a simple year 7 averages question?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Guys, do you have to include FP2 in the 3 subjects to average over 90?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miryo)
    Guys, do you have to include FP2 in the 3 subjects to average over 90?
    No. Any A2 unit counts, which (with Edexcel) are FP2-3, M2-5, S2-4, D2.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'll need 4 UMS to get the A*, any 3 level 2 or higher units count. On the other hand it's probably worth trying to get a *little* more than 4 marks!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas93)
    You two have made my day... Thank you! :')
    Any time .
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storme)
    you're hoping to get an A* in further maths and you can't do a simple year 7 averages question?
    Funnily enough I can work out the averages. I was clarify on which modules I can use to contribute.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.