Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

If I miss my offer....

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I miss my offer for English Lit and am forced into a gap year is it possible for me to still get into an excellent university? I'd probably reapply for something else like Law/Maths, and would probably self-study Further Maths A level next year. Providing I got an A in this would I be at any disadvantage?
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will because most of the top Universities want people who've done their A Levels in a 2 year sitting.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilsenan)
    If I miss my offer for English Lit and am forced into a gap year is it possible for me to still get into an excellent university? I'd probably reapply for something else like Law/Maths, and would probably self-study Further Maths A level next year. Providing I got an A in this would I be at any disadvantage?
    I think a course like law then yes, you might struggle to get into a top uni as it is highly competitive(I'm not sure on that though, just a guess), but most other courses shouldn't be a problem, they may just ramp up your requirements so a standard offer is AAB and they ask you for AAA as you have had more time to complete your A levels. I know plenty of people who have done A levels over a 3 year course and have gotten onto excellent courses and top unis, it can be done just make sure your grades and application are outstanding.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The difference is though I would be studying even more A levels from scratch over a 1 year period, not resitting so does that make a difference?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 24, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.