The Student Room Group

How do YOU get home after a night out?

Title says it all!
Just wanting to know what you guys do. Getting a taxi everytime seems expensive!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Taxi unless I'm staying at a mate's place who is closer than mine. Though recently the trend has to been for a mate and I to run home, 3 miles or so haha, it makes sense at the time.
Reply 2
Stay at a mates/ families place in town.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I can't go home if I've been out cause my parents hate it, so I usually stay at a mates. We get a taxi back, or a mate (who was not out or draining) swings by and gives up a lift :')
Reply 4
I get a taxi back with friends most of the time
Reply 5
I hardly ever go out, but when I do I usually get a taxi home.
i normally walk home alone.....if im with friends then its cheaper with taxis- but if ive gone out with mates where we all live different areas/i leave early then i just walk.

Its about 2 miles up hill!!! However, more recently ive decided to get taxi's as id rather spend £6 than regret spending it...

The other night i went out and caught the night bus and then got off and legged it home haha! i didnt realise i was such a good runner when drunk lol
Reply 7
Because all of us can drive, one of us doesn't drink that night and drops us all off at the end of the night. We take it turns being the person who isn't going to get hammered lol. Works out well as we live in a village and the taxis stop operating after 2am.
Reply 8
I walk, it takes about 2-3 minutes depending on BAC.

If I go to a different town, I usually catch the train. Sometimes they don't come along to check for tickets, and other times they let you off with a reduced rate. I think it cost me about £8 to get from my town, to the main station, to the other city, and back again.
Reply 9
Original post by pinkangelgirl
i didnt realise i was such a good runner when drunk lol

Haha yes! Everyone is Usain bolt when they're drunk, atleast in their minds
Original post by EGjeff
Haha yes! Everyone is Usain bolt when they're drunk, atleast in their minds

It wasnt even that i was fast! it was the fact i ran all the way home and wasnt even out of breath haha! whereas when i go running in the day i always have to stop lol
Reply 11
To this date, I still don't know how I get home after a night out. For all I know I take a plane.
Reply 12
Original post by EGjeff
Taxi unless I'm staying at a mate's place who is closer than mine. Though recently the trend has to been for a mate and I to run home, 3 miles or so haha, it makes sense at the time.

lol i jog home recently :P ( about 3/4 mile i think so not that far)

how many people jog home i thought i was the only one haha :P
(edited 11 years ago)
It depends on if I'm at home or uni. When I'm at home the buses stop running at about 11pm, so they're no use, and I don't like walking home alone at night through deserted residential side streets - especially given that every so often you get a spate of sex attacks in that area.

When I'm at uni the bus service is much better and pretty much drops me outside my front door, so I just use that.
I get 'home' by relaxing my definition of what my home is - but generally I walk if the buses are done, sometimes jog. I find it much easier to run at night-time, when it's cold and you're too drunk to get tired :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Bus usually, or the tube if it's still early enough.
Reply 16
crash at a friends house but more often than not bus then a very long walk home, unless i pass out in a hedge somewhere:rolleyes:
Reply 17
depends how far away my house is. If its a 15 min walk i'll stumble home like a complete pisshead but if its further away i normaly bus it
I tend to walk, it's only around 3 miles.
I get a taxi and it's £15-20 but I hardly ever go out anymore. Can't wait til uni cos I'll only be like a 10 min walk from pubs and clubs :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest