Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do all Unis start late September?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All the universities I've applied to start in late September so I was going to sign up to work until the end of the first week of September but I was concerned that if I don't get my grades and have to get a Uni place through clearing I may have to go to a Uni that starts sooner. Are there any Universities in Britain with starting dates in early September (or earlier if even that's so)?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard of any that do, one of my friends doesn't start until October.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some Scottish universities do - Abertay, Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret, St. Andrews, Stirling and Edinburgh start on the 10th, Dundee's 'Welcome Week' starts on the 3rd. Strathclyde, Aberdeen, Robert Gordon, Herriot Watt and the University of the West of Scotland start later on though.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend starts on the first of September I think. She's away to Dundee. Like HeatherHatter says, a lot of Scottish universities start earlier, but not all of them. Most of my friends are starting before me, and I live in Scotland, although I think my friends going to Aberdeen have the same start date as I do (I'm going to UEA though, don't start til the 24th). If you don't plan on studying in Scotland I doubt there'll be much of a problem.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    On my UCAS Track it says Aston doesn't start until 1st October! And courses may even start later than that
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Think it depends on the course. All my unis start sorta mid sept, but you get people who start as late as mid october.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    York starts on the 7th october for freshers week
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Of my 5 choices:
    1 started 14th September
    1 started 24th September
    3 started 1st October
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK, so it seems it's just Scottish Universities. Thanks for the headsup various people.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 25, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.