Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I overreacting to this?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ok so i have a nasal problem (chronic rhinitis and nasal polyps) which requires me to take steroid sprays and drops everyday indefinately. Things like temp changes, scents etc make it worse but my family keep spraying air fresheners. Ive shouted and told them that it makes my nose worse, they get annoyed and say 'well were not having the house smelling of dogs' i tell them to open a window. They say they wont spray it but they do i keep finding sprays under the sink. 2 of them are nurses too they say im a control freak. When tell them again they will shout and say im controlling but whats the best thing to do? Am I over reacting?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they could be a bit more considerate around you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, they're wrong. But for the sake of peace, are there any possible compromises? Such as weak candles in the corner or the room or burning oils? They may be less irritating as they spread slower and may be better as I know sprays bother people with sensitive noses more
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by For The Love Of Giraffe)
    No, they're wrong. But for the sake of peace, are there any possible compromises? Such as weak candles in the corner or the room or burning oils? They may be less irritating as they spread slower and may be better as I know sprays bother people with sensitive noses more
    they use natural beeswax candles. They dont spray stuff in front of me they spray it sectretly i'l come in the house and smell air freshener. They say that everyone else uses them and they use them to get rid of the doggy smell.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    sit them down and tell them the problem and maybe if they truly listen they might understand.

Sometimes, proper communication helps

good luck, it must be really frustrating for you!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.