The Student Room Group

Why do women like horses?

I can understand that guys could enjoy playing polo, but it seems lately many girls talk about horse?

It's a mystery to me, and I'd appreciate it if someone could outline it for me? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Yup Ive got 4 horses I am a 3 day eventer travel over the country/Europe competiing, imup down the yard at 6am everyday before work riding after work
My horses are like my babies and for me a guy HAS to accept that sometimes Il stink of e'au de la horse, Il be scruffy in jodphurs
Ultimatley they have to accept that they make come second to my horses if I have a big competition coming up.

Oh and I love my horses because they each have their own personality, they offer you unrequited love, they never judge you and always trust ytou and the bond I have with them is unbreakable

I most likely sound like a pscho horselady but oh well
Reply 2
I like em aswell and im male
Reply 3
Guys like horses and horse riding too.

It just happens that in our culture it's something that has, in more recent times, been more closely associated with women for whatever reason.

Kinda obvious.

Historically 'horsemanship' (or whatever the word is) is more closely linked with men as they were used for hunting and war.
horses are the most brilliant creatures on the face of the planet, what's not to like
love the fact I got negged for being serious about a sport ....
Reply 6
Horses are wonderful. They're intelligent and social and they go fast. In fact, they're almost as good as mules.
twice negged ......... im pretty proud of the fact me and my horse on the under 21 european squad training programme but then its clearly ignorent people whod fall of a horse straight away negging for somebody liking a horse and not being bold enough to give a validated reason
Reply 8
Don't know if it's cause of effect, but I imagine the whole girls and ponies thing comes into it. Nearly every little girl wants a pony. Most don't get one, and many grow out of it, but quite a few keep into horses for ever. Boys on the other hand don't have that thing to draw them in young, unless they have family connections to horses and riding (sadly often hunting). My Little Pony has a lot to answer for.
I don't much care for horses. Any animal which is big enough to trample on me generally isn't my idea of 'fun'.

Then again, you can't ride and race a cat.
Original post by fluttershy
Don't know if it's cause of effect, but I imagine the whole girls and ponies thing comes into it. Nearly every little girl wants a pony. Most don't get one, and many grow out of it, but quite a few keep into horses for ever. Boys on the other hand don't have that thing to draw them in young, unless they have family connections to horses and riding (sadly often hunting). My Little Pony has a lot to answer for.

Yeah this is a load of rubbish. Under this idea, girls all want to have plastic dolls with big boobs (barbies), meet tiny people who their hair pointing to the ceiling (trolls), and go around collecting real bears from the wild.

My Little Pony was stupid. I had a remote controlled car instead.
I don't really like horses. Yes, fanatical horse lovers, I have ridden and no, I did not fall off/get stood on/kicked, I just don't see the appeal, especially as half of them seem to get 'spooked' by something like a carrier bag, they're difficult to get around while driving, they leave their poo everywhere (if we have to pick up dog poo, can't you pick up horse poo?), and they are expensive to keep. Just not my cup of tea.
Because they like the show my little pony or is that old men on 4chan? :gah:

But seriously; Women are caring in nature, this is shown by their love to animals :biggrin: Fine by me!
Reply 13
Breaks their hymen innit.
Horses are so pretty :lovie2: And they remind me of days gone by :') I love that.
Reply 15
horses have humongous cocks
Reply 16
Original post by punkski

Got there 1 minute before me. Bastard.
Reply 17
Original post by punkski

So that's why women always have hip ache after riding one!
Seriously. I've ridden a horse once and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I guess if you do competitions or actually own some it's different. I am a bit allergic to girls who are seriously into horses (whether because of the humungous cocks mentioned or not will no doubt be debated with fury :h: ).
Reply 19
Original post by GodAtum
So that's why women always have hip ache after riding one!

Riding a horse or riding a humongous cock? :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest