Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Master in Applied Economics (NUS) vs Master in Financial Management (ANU)

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I really need your serious advice.

I am currently studying in one of well-known uni in Malaysia, and plan to continue my master's straight away, since I want to change my career path (I study Electronic Commerce for my Bachelor's degree).

I will be graduating this October, and confuse to choose one of these programme:

Master in Applied Economics (NUS)
    2 years
    SGD 28,000
    Intake only in August

Minor disadvantage: Need to wait till August 2013 to get into class.

OR

Master in Financial Management (ANU)
    1 year
    AUD 28,656
    Intake in Feb and July

Minor advantage: Just need to wait until Feb 2013, during that time perhaps can spend some time to do internship in Malaysia.

My goal in career is to be a financial adviser/financial analyst. I know that some people would recommend to take CFA course rather than master's. Well, I have that plan too but I would like to boost up my knowledge first, get a job in finance field, and take CFA course as part-time. I am considering the above universities because of they both are well-known established, both are good in social science field (or is it? ), and both are similar in ranking (QS). I don't mind to work in Sing or Aussie as long as I get the job that I want.

Regarding the NUS one, I know some of my colleagues have economics degree but work in finance field. So do you think it matters, or not? Besides that, I am also a bit tight on budget, that's why I choose Master in Financial Management (1 year) instead of Master in Finance (2 years).

Appreciate any input from you.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.