The Student Room Group

How to know if you'd suit blonde hair

Ive naturally got almost black hair, but really pale skin
And for a whole I've been wanting dark ashy blonde hair, kind of like drew barrymore's colour, with some high lights and low lights and darker roots

I'm scared to go in for it incase I really don't suit it so I wanted opinions first

This is my hair colour as it is right now

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
You don't know if you suit it until you dye your hair and look in the mirror.
Reply 2
Ive been brown before and weirdly even though my hair is dark, it REALLY just didn't suit me at all got rid of it straight away

Only colours that have ever fit are pink, black, black and blonde and dark pinky purple

But I want something completely different I'm so sick of dark hair :frown:
Reply 3
blonde would suit you
You could ask your hairdresser what they think, they'll probably have some idea about what colour would suit you. My natural hair colour is light brown and I have pale skin and blue eyes, and I know blonde hair wouldn't suit me at all, I suit darker colours for some reason.
Reply 5
photoshop it?
Black hair and pale skin is way cooler than blonde hair, doing that would make you a dime a dozen. You probably would suit it but not as much as the black.
Reply 7
most people who had blonde hair when they were a young child will suit dyed blonde hair but thats not always the case, i would ask the hairdresser
Reply 8
Tbh, I don't think blonde would suit you. Like parry said, you'll look a bit 'washed out'.
People can sometimes look better with a hair colour that is not their natural one, but you should not go all the way to the opposite. I'm naturally a blonde and I know I would never suit your hair colour.
If you want a change, or something a bit 'softer' and less gothic, you're better off going for a medium brown and then add highlights of several beige tones.
You'll have to go to a very good hairdresser and have them use many colours (for the best result) and it will most likely be very expensive but I think you'll look great with it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
try a wig first? if you're still at school and have access to the drama dept then you could borrow a wig and look in the mirror? there aren't many ways to try it out. You could do a one-day wash-in-wash-out thing, but I'm not sure it would work effectively on your hair colour. DIY dyes always seem a bit dodgy. But I'm a guy, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Reply 10
What about this type of colour as opposed to more blonde

Reply 11
Original post by leahnic
What about this type of colour as opposed to more blonde

I think that'll look good but seriously you are very unique by having natural black hair and pale skin. However i think a light brown would really suit you.
Reply 12
Original post by JongKey
I think that'll look good but seriously you are very unique by having natural black hair and pale skin. However i think a light brown would really suit you.

Honestly, I'm sick of it aha it's just too flat and blah. Can always put it back though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest