The Student Room Group

People who have graduated with a psych degree..

So what are you doing with yourself now?
I finished my psych course last summer and have been in retail since, soon will be working as a support worker for people with disabilities
Reply 1
Original post by blondyx
So what are you doing with yourself now?
I finished my psych course last summer and have been in retail since, soon will be working as a support worker for people with disabilities

I also graduated last year and since then I have been working in a mental health team in a female prison. More recently, I have been applying to more clinically relevant jobs to what I'd like to do and have 2 interviews for assistant psychologist roles in the next week.
Reply 2
Original post by DeepStar
I also graduated last year and since then I have been working in a mental health team in a female prison. More recently, I have been applying to more clinically relevant jobs to what I'd like to do and have 2 interviews for assistant psychologist roles in the next week.

That's cool, did you have any experience before applying to the prison team? I'm about to start my psych degree and I'm worried about my lack of experience though I've just secured a placement working once a week with a cbt :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Soph.Jade
That's cool, did you have any experience before applying to the prison team? I'm about to start my psych degree and I'm worried about my lack of experience though I've just secured a placement working once a week with a cbt :smile:

Yeh I did a lot of voluntary work during my degree with various different charities which I believe helped me secure my current role in the prison.

Don't worry too much about your lack of experience because this will only come with time - I'd suggest doing various different voluntary roles during your degree and also reflecting on this asking yourself what you have learnt as an individual and what skills you have used/gained etc.

And of course, enjoy your degree and your time at university because once its gone, you'll want it back :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest