The Student Room Group

OCR Food Tech & Nutrition

Hi, we have been asked to think of a topic on food study investigation which will account for 25 - 30% of GCSE grade. I need to hand in my topic in a couple of days. What sort of things do people do? Please help.:mad:
I studied the link between type two diabetes and obesity for mine. What's also useful is that my grandma is diabetic so I was able to interview her to get information. Try and choose something that either you or your friend/family member can relate to so you can interview them to put in your research :smile:
Other people in my class did stuff like:
-Vegetarians
-Coeliacs
-Obesity
-Healthy living
-Ready meals

...or some people just focused on a specific nutrient or group of people!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your help. Generally how long was your piece that you handed in? On average what sort of marks/grades did people get? Any tips woudl be greatly appreciated.:redface:
What have you decided to do?
And mine was 130 pages long for the whole project o.o
In my class of 11 people there's a few A*s I think. Apparently I got an A, but I don't know yet!
For the three short tasks you had to get 54/60 for an A*, and I think it's the same for the long task as it is also out of 60. The grade boundaries are sooo high, don't get me started on the theory paper :/
Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, Still debating on what I should do. Haven't been told a lot about this at school so am unsure. Did you do the 130 pages during your hols or during the school week? Its so much work and pressure. I thought this option would have been a breather for me. We've done 3 controlled assessments and I got A* in those. Thanks for all your help and will have a long think this weekend and may get in touch if I need to go through some stuff. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending