Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying to uni in 2013/2014 as a Private Candidate.

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. Basically, I just finished my A-level exams (Maths,Physics,Chemistry) a couple of days ago and I realised that I could have given it more time and effort throughout these 2 years to get better grades and apply to top unis like Imperial,UCL etc. I screwed up my AS having overall BDD. I resat a bunch now in may-june and I'm waiting for my results. However,even if I get the grades I need to get into Brunel,I want to study on my own next year and aim even higher(top 10 universities). I know the drill - teachers predict you grades and the unis send you an offer ; but in my particular case i want to resit about 10-11 specific exams and get A*AA or AAA overall and change my A-level certificate in 1 year only. Even though you think it's crazy - I managed to transform 3 D's in 3 A's in just 2 months
    My question is(sorry about the long intro), how can I get offers from top unis,if I will sit the exams as a private candidate ? I don't think my teachers will want to predict me AAA just like that,since I'm not going to be in college and given that my teachers are complete d**kheads? How can I do this? How can I get the unis to send me an offer. That's all I need.
    PLEASE HELP ME OUT A.S.A.P!

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.