Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is andriod tablet better than ipad 2?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apple has been leading the market for some years. while i find android has the trend to encroach on the markets. last time when i bought cell phone, there were obviously more pepole checking HTC than those in Apple store. in addition, due to brand protection, many unknown andriod cell phones are also coming into markets.

these android smartphones are indeed cheap but they are really so powerful in functions as the descriptions say?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Android tablets are not better than the iPad 2. I love Android, I make custom Android ROMs and kernels. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I want it to be better than the iPad, but it just isn't. And until developers take Android tablets seriously and make proper apps for them, it never will be. It's the sad reality.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really happy with my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Its a great boys toy

Unsure of how it compares to the iPad.
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    While Android handsets are a far superior option to iPhones for a lot of people, I still think the iPad line is the best line of tablets currently available. iOS is leagues ahead of Android when it comes to tablet optimised apps, isn't a victim of fragmentation which is still quite prevalent in Android's tablet ecosystem, and continues to run the latest versions of the OS without issues on comparatively modest specs. There's certainly nothing wrong with the high end Android tabs out there, I personally don't see much of an advantage outside of having extreme customisability.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people don't want the customisation for a tablet. They want everything perfectly optimised like the iPad, even if apps cost more or aren't free at all.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love and use my Galaxy Tab 10.1 religiously.

But the new iPad is almost definitely the best tablet available, for a host of reasons Gofre mentioned.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you want to use your tablet for.

For browsing the net, facebook, youtube videos, music, watching movies, then android is better.

for games, and dedicated apps, then the ipad is better.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it seems that still more people support iPad 2. i personally think ios outweights android system.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the model of the Android tablet.

Best bet for actual productive use is Windows 8 tablets. Specifically Surface when Windows 8 launches later this year.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Google Nexus 7 does make a very nice alternative if you have a non-apple-compatible budget.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakefish)
    Depends on the model of the Android tablet.

Best bet for actual productive use is Windows 8 tablets. Specifically Surface when Windows 8 launches later this year.
    you just remind me the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora Android 4.0 Tablet PC.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My ipad 3 is a lot better than the Asus transformer I used to own. Apple are definitely better in the tablet world.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    for now apple has the advantage expect that to change in the future though.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to agree that the iPad is better than most tablets running variants of Android OS, but I still returned mine after a week of usage and am waiting for the N7 to be released.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an iPad 3 and a Samsung Galaxy 7.7, briefly tried out the Galaxy 10.1.... no contest the iPad is better than both except the Samsung tend to have lighter weight and feel better balanced than the iPad.

Apps, generally these days most apps are available across all platforms and if it doesn't exist there usually is an alternative that is every bit as good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I finally bought Galaxy Tab 10.1. I hope I would get along well with it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 5, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.