Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Russian Army will be a majority Muslim Army by 2020

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    Defo have a point there, though many Muslims don't even consider Awalites Muslims (since most have beliefs entailing shirk).
    Do you?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    Do you?
    Not the one's who commit shirk. If they don't commit shirk (which they may be some) then in the basic sense, they're Muslims, but strayed from the Islamic message.

But, shirk = Non Muslim. No question about it.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin22391)
    the syrian army needs to stay strong, we cant have these dogs ruining another civilised country just like libya...the majority of syrians want the terrorist rebels to put away their guns and assad to remain for the time being...who are the western powers to decide that these alqaeda soldiers should overthrow a country occupy cities and cause havoc. its almost like the usa wants to destroy the region rather than spread so called democracy.
    Keep dreaming.

And no one care about the west here, they can mind their own business.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not the one's who commit shirk. If they don't commit shirk (which they may be some) then in the basic sense, they're Muslims, but strayed from the Islamic message.

But, shirk = Non Muslim. No question about it.
    So it's hard to make broad statements about whether Alawites are Muslim or not then? And the Muslims that do (which you referred to, but deny you are one of), are quite wrong to make such broad generalisations?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So it's hard to make broad statements about whether Alawites are Muslim or not then? And the Muslims that do (which you referred to, but deny you are one of), are quite wrong to make such broad generalisations?
    Its damn obvious to see who are the real Muslims and who aren't. The alawites support a secular state, the sunni Muslims want a Sharia state
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would classify them as armies myself
    So is Al Qaeda an army then?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rusia have 143+ million population, 30 million is muslim. Islam in rusia is not sunni or shia they are islam sufism...
    Major young russia muslim is like/love to join rusia army, even some muslim rusia woman is join in the army especially in medical division.
    In the past checen muslim rebel is fight againts russia...today the checen is have been join Russia Army. Muslim Russia Soldier even has been send to fight Georgia & guard border between rusia & afganistan.
    Muslim rusia population is growing today because birthrate & islamic conver/revert. In some state with major muslim population in rusia sharia law have been established especially in economic system. rusia have 1 million soldier and 20 million reserves. 20% from rusia army is muslim. Major muslim rusia include in the army still hide they identity as muslim. for them islam is private life.

Some Sufism Poem

"O Allah! If I worship You for fear of Hell, burn me in Hell,

and if I worship You in hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise.

But if I worship You for Your Own sake,

grudge me not Your everlasting Beauty.”

Another Version..................

If I Adore You

If I adore You out of fear of Hell, burn me in Hell!
    If I adore you out of desire for Paradise,
    Lock me out of Paradise.
    But if I adore you for Yourself alone,
    Do not deny to me Your eternal beauty.

By Rabia Saint Sufism
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Keep dreaming.

And no one care about the west here, they can mind their own business.
    another one faalls to the great western media propaganda...ahh well its not your fault i suppose.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    This report is rubbish. Why would there be that high a percentage, if you look at the British army there is just slightly over 600 Muslim soldiers, I'd speculate that the majority of these are not fighting soldiers as well.

Why would they join an army that fights wars against, what is effectively, their own people?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how accurate this is but it says at the moment in 2010 11.7% of Russains were Muslim and by 2030 14.4% will be Muslim.

For the UK it says in 2010, 4.6% of the population were Muslim, and by 2030 8.2% will be.

http://features.pewforum.org/muslim-...ited%20Kingdom
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitt1988)
    This report is rubbish. Why would there be that high a percentage, if you look at the British army there is just slightly over 600 Muslim soldiers, I'd speculate that the majority of these are not fighting soldiers as well.

Why would they join an army that fights wars against, what is effectively, their own people?
    Firstly, many Muslims join armies that fight Muslims.

Secondly, Russia's Muslim communities come from a variety of ethnic groups. Allegiance to ethnic group is likely to be stronger than allegiance to religious group.

Thirdly, the vast majority of Russian Muslims are Muslim in name only, and nothing whatsoever in their beliefs and practices has any orientation around Islam.

And finally, Russia has conscription for all Russian males.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arbolus)
    Is it really surprising that there were so few mosques in 1991, considering that the Soviet Union did its best to suppress all religious activity? I bet that if you looked at the statistics for churches and synagogues you'd find that their numbers have exploded as well.

Damn it, now you've put an image in my head of Churches and Synagogues exploding. < Insert sarcasm here >

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.