Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Split and Dubrovnik

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a query for anyone who has been to either (or preferably both).

I have 5 nights to spread across both Split and Dubrovnik in mid-July, just wondering which is deserving of more time?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I go to Croatia every year! Definitely Dubrovnik.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Dubrovnik... the history is just incredible there

I know it's a bit of a trek but it's also worth travelling to Mostar in Bosnia; it's bridge being blown up was one of the iconic symbols of the civil war.. well worth a visit I did it as a day trip (drove there)

If not.. Dubrovnik will provide more than enough!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been to both, definitely Dubrovnik. I'd do two days in Split and three in Dubrovnik.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi, I know this thread is pretty old but I am thinking about Dubrovnik for summer this year and are looking to find out some stuff about it. It looks a great place, but just a bit concerned it might be full of older people, my girlfriend and I are 18 and looking to go on holiday. We arent looking to be out at clubs etc every night but would like to be in a place with younger people. What is Dubrovnik like for this? Cheers!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dubrovnik was full of young people. Split is boring.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Dubrovnik is obviously a much more happening and touristy place than Split, but it does depend a little on your interests. Are you mainly going for a break and sunshine and sea? Or for other things? If it's Roman history that particularly grabs you, Split has a lot to offer. However it is also a charming medieval town and there are a lot of other nice and interesting places (some of them very beautiful, scenic, seaside-ish) within fairly easy reach if you have a car.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyed both but Dubrovnik is probably the better of the two. Both will be filled to the absolute brim with tourists, but both have getaways within walking distance to enjoy some peaceful beaches and scenery.

Go Dubrovnik :holmes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 2 nights in each should be enough as there isn't too much there, the other night take the catamaran to Hvar island and have a mental night partying at Carpe Diem!

The catamaran only takes an hour, the ferry takes 2.

Carpe Diem is a nightclub on an island just off Hvar island. And the whole island is the club pretty much! it's worth it, especially on your last night. Just make sure you make it back for your next journey.

Hvar is a good place to party regardless.

But yeah I think 2 days/nights is enough to see both.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does any one know whether they are really tight with IDs. I am 17 - do you think this would be a problem going to clubs etc.?

Thanks

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 31, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.