Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

CV help?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to look for work at retail fashion store for the summer holidays, and since I have no past experience except volunteering at Oxfam, therefore I'm not to sure how to write an attractive CV for a retail store.

Please leave your tips and advices down below if you have any, Thanks!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The same rule goes for your CV as any other CV. Over-exaggerate to the extreme! But the important thing is to never tell any blatant lies. Stretching the truth is one thing, but lying is another. Oh and you will hear lots of things about well-rounded and interesting individuals. Some say it's worthless some say it's worth a lot. Just lie about a hobby you do in your spare time if you don't have anything; in this case it's not something that anyone is going to check.

And make it specific to the store. Don't just create something generic and hand it out to everybody.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    The same rule goes for your CV as any other CV. Over-exaggerate to the extreme! But the important thing is to never tell any blatant lies. Stretching the truth is one thing, but lying is another. Oh and you will hear lots of things about well-rounded and interesting individuals. Some say it's worthless some say it's worth a lot. Just lie about a hobby you do in your spare time if you don't have anything; in this case it's not something that anyone is going to check.

And make it specific to the store. Don't just create something generic and hand it out to everybody.
    Thanks for your quick reply! I'll take your advices on board just a bit worried since most retail stores want someone with past retail experiences :/
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiona23)
    Thanks for your quick reply! I'll take your advices on board just a bit worried since most retail stores want someone with past retail experiences :/
    Oxfam is retail pretty much. It's just a shop like any other. The only difference is where the profits go.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 26, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.