Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Regretting moving in with people in 3rd year of uni.

Announcements Posted on

In January I arranged to move in with a couple of girls off my course and their friends, in total there is 8 of us. I was quite close to the girls off my course because I saw them every day and went out with the others on a regular basis. When we got the house I was really happy with my decision and was looking forward to moving in. I didn't know these people in first year, I only met them in second year. So I got on with them all but was never that close.

I finished uni almost two months ago now and haven't seen any of them for two months. We're getting the keys for our house this week and moving our stuff in. But I just don't feel like I want to move in with them any more. Well I do, but I feel like I've barely spoken to any of them in months and don't feel close to them any more!

I really wish I'd just arranged to live with the people I lived with this year, as in the last few months I've become really close to them.

Part of me can't wait to move into the new house but another part of me is really unsure and regretful as I don't feel close enough to the people I'm going to living with. Will that change once we're all back in uni and I hope the closeness goes back to how it was and we're just not really speaking much because it's summer. The thing is the other 7 people are all much closer because they've known each other since the beginning of first year, but I've only known them all since the beginning of second year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you all have social networking accounts to communicate, like facebook or twitter? It's a useful way to have such a big group of you stay in close contact.

But if that first option doesn't apply to you, I wouldn't feel too regretful (which has become a worry of yours). You will become a housemate of theirs, and whether you speak to them much over the summer or not, come term time you will be living under the same roof and if you try hard it shouldn't be difficult to involve and integrate yourself with them again. I'm sure they don't hate you or anything so once you've moved in, give it a go and replace your worries with hope that you have a big group of girls who beginning a new year in a new house and therefore you'll all adjust to living together. And if you got on well beforehand, then it gives you a good start.

(Original post by Sparklyblue171)
    Do you all have social networking accounts to communicate, like facebook or twitter? It's a useful way to have such a big group of you stay in close contact.

But if that first option doesn't apply to you, I wouldn't feel too regretful (which has become a worry of yours). You will become a housemate of theirs, and whether you speak to them much over the summer or not, come term time you will be living under the same roof and if you try hard it shouldn't be difficult to involve and integrate yourself with them again. I'm sure they don't hate you or anything so once you've moved in, give it a go and replace your worries with hope that you have a big group of girls who beginning a new year in a new house and therefore you'll all adjust to living together. And if you got on well beforehand, then it gives you a good start.
    Aww thanks I am sure it will be fine when we all move in in August/September. I'm just such a worrier. When I went back to uni for second year I had to make new friends all over again. I know that won't happen this time because I have definite friends and definite people to live with. I guess I just feel a bit distanced from them. I talk to them on facebook sometimes and text, I guess that's the most communication we will have over the summer really whilst everyone is at home doing their own thing. I get on really well with the two off my course, and quite well with the others but obviously haven't spend as much time with them. They are all lovely, I don't know why I'm worrying to be honest I just am! :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.