Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BB cream.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what you guys favorite BB cream was? I am liking Garnier at the moment, its a good colour for me in light but a bit greasy. Looking for a good one to replace it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I haven't tried the Garnier one, but I'm pretty sure I overheard/read somewhere that they've brought out a new formula for oily skin, so perhaps that would be a less greasy option for you?

I've tried the No. 7 one and L'Oreal's Lumi Magique one. I didn't really get on with the No. 7 one, it was very thick and gloopy and felt quite heavy on my skin. I love the Lumi Magique one though! The tube feels quite small but it's lasted me ages with daily use. It feels super light on the skin, and though it comes out white it has special particles in it which adapt to your skin tone or something. It doesn't have amazing coverage, but then again it's a BB cream not a foundation - it definitely evens out my skin tone and covers small blemishes though!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've been using Garnier's one, the coverage and the tone matches my skin quite well but I agree...it just feels really thick..
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I also use the Garnier one but I like it, its really good. It matches my skin tone exactly although its a bit greasy on my t zone. Although its the only BB cream I have ever tried
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bought the Garnier today, because I heard that it was really good, but I'm really pale so I could have done with more choice than 'light' and 'dark'. So far, it seems really greasy, so i'm hoping that the effects are more long-term..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Garnier tests on animals so i bought the superdrug BB cream! Its quite light and moisturising but since I prefer a bit more coverage i use bare minerals foundation on top. Lasts all day and saves me so much time!
    I use the medium colour and it matches my skin perfect and am quite tanned.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've heard the Asian BB creams are the best, people are always raving about Lioele's BB cream so maybe you could check that one out
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am really envious of the aisian ones... I think it would cost a bomb to get them shipped here. They are expensive even on ebay, about £25 minimum. I have heard good things about the superdrug one so I might give it a go.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tried to Garnier one and it turned me bright orange and my face felt like I'd slathered it in vegetable oil. I had to wash it off after 5 mins, I couldn't stand having it on my skin. As a previous poster said, they have brought out an oil-free version but I'm still staying away. I'm not really buying into the whole BB cream fad, I think it's mostly over-hyped but of course, it will be amazing for some people so it's worth a shot.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the 17 one from Boots
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've only tried the Garnier one for UK ones, it was pretty blergh IMO. I use Missha M No 13 (an Asian BB cream, about £7 for 20ml on eBay I think). I like it! SPF 42, suits my skintone well. It does look weird immediately after you put it on but after 5-10 minutes it looks great - apparently this is fairly common. When I've finished this I might get another tube or perhaps try a different one...heard a lot about Skin79 or something like that, and Holika Holika.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So this is nothing to do with a new Blackberry phone? I'll just show myself the door on this thread...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the L'oreal magique BB

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofflight)
    Yeah, I am really envious of the aisian ones... I think it would cost a bomb to get them shipped here. They are expensive even on ebay, about £25 minimum. I have heard good things about the superdrug one so I might give it a go.
    £25?? it's definitely not that much! Check out sellers from south korea, it's usually about £10 - £13 for a full size.
    The smaller/mini versions (20ml) are just about £6, they last ages though coz you usually need less than a pea size.

http://www.frmheadtotoe.com/2010/12/...-swatches.html
    The link reviews 9 different asian bb creams
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maVie)
    Garnier tests on animals so i bought the superdrug BB cream! Its quite light and moisturising but since I prefer a bit more coverage i use bare minerals foundation on top. Lasts all day and saves me so much time!
    I use the medium colour and it matches my skin perfect and am quite tanned.
    I'm against animal testing, so thank you for the heads up about Garnier , I didnt know about them
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste money on the Maybelline one - I got some free samples from ASOS the other day and it feels really greasy and doesn't seem to do much either!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Unsightly)
    Don't waste money on the Maybelline one - I got some free samples from ASOS the other day and it feels really greasy and doesn't seem to do much either!
    I sent off for some samples, so I will probably try it when they come... But I don't think I will get on with it if it's greasy.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get Korean BB creams. MUCH better than everything else.
    Missha does the best BB creams.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I actually really like the Maybelline one. The Garnier one I hated because it felt so greasy and left my (combination) skin looking really shiney within only a couple of hours of appyling.
    The Maybelline in their lightest shade is a perfect colour match for me, lasts well and doesn't leave me greasy at all. I'm really impressed.
    I don't think our BB creams are really true BB creams; as has been said, the Asian ones are far superior. I think ours are really just an upgrade on tinted moisturisers but since I don't like those and wanted to try something lighter than foundation then this is proving a good middle ground for me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm using the Garnier one (the newer one for oily skin) at the moment. It's not greasy and the staying power is good, however it's slightly darker than I was hoping for so I think I might splash out and get an 'real' BB cream shipped in when it runs out.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 6, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.