Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll: are BNP supporters/members racists?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
  • View Poll Results: Do you think BNP supporters and members are racist?
    No, they are not racists
    23.30%
    Yes, they are racists
    63.11%
    Don't know
    13.59%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Put it this way, there are more racist Labour MPs.
    That's probably the case for most parties in the House of Commons
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    So why did you comment?
    So I would get quoted and asked why I commented.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So why did you comment?
    Why did you comment?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i thought the definition of racism is to class one ethnic group as somehow biologically inferior or superior to others. You have "racism" between people of pretty much the same race, like Croatians vs Serbians have this extreamly bitter hatred between each other or to a much lesser extent pakistani's vs Indians or Jamaican vs Nigerians.
    I think some BNP members probably are not racist by definition, they are against immigration because they are led to believe johnny foreigner is coming and taking all there jobs.

Personally, i think there has been a massive un representation of working class "white" people thanks to nu labour policies, so they feel they are simply not represented which is probably true. However, i think they become vulnerable targets for gutter tabloid media which prints out ever provocative headlines such as "Muslim thugs age just 12 in knife attack on Brit schoolboy" are made to look as if they somehow represent the white working class.

But going back to the question, although not all BNP members are racist, a significant number of them are racist in the traditional sense. I mean people who glorify the Third Reich and see people of different skin colour as sub humans. The rest are probably fed up of this elitist polarised political system where all three parties are the same different cheeks of the same backside, a bourgeois dictatorship depending on ones point of view :-)
    • 10 followers

(Original post by willbee)
    Why did you comment?
    To ask why he commented. Your logic fails.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whatever the loony leftist BBC tries to force down our throats, the vast majority of BNP supporters are NOT racists. There was a poll some time ago vis-a-vis the 2010 general election to understand a why people voted in the way they did - and the majority of BNP voters came from alienated, and possibly staunch, Labour supporters; voting in retaliation against the huge balls up Labour got on immigration, after Blair / Brown wheedled through the figures and told us net immigration was falling consecutively through 2007 / 2008 / 2009 - yet failed to mention the previous decade where was prime minister.

I think it was the ITV section of the three election debates where Brown tried to conceal the facts from the voters - but they weren't having it.

The vast majority of people don't have a problem with immigration - if it is sustainable and controlled. Of course, anyone who speaks out against mass immigration is automatically branded a racist and a bigot.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    No doubt about it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR21M)
    i thought the definition of racism is to class one ethnic group as somehow biologically inferior or superior to others. You have "racism" between people of pretty much the same race, like Croatians vs Serbians have this extreamly bitter hatred between each other or to a much lesser extent pakistani's vs Indians or Jamaican vs Nigerians.
    I think some BNP members probably are not racist by definition, they are against immigration because they are led to believe johnny foreigner is coming and taking all there jobs.

Personally, i think there has been a massive un representation of working class "white" people thanks to nu labour policies, so they feel they are simply not represented which is probably true. However, i think they become vulnerable targets for gutter tabloid media which prints out ever provocative headlines such as "Muslim thugs age just 12 in knife attack on Brit schoolboy" are made to look as if they somehow represent the white working class.

But going back to the question, although not all BNP members are racist, a significant number of them are racist in the traditional sense. I mean people who glorify the Third Reich and see people of different skin colour as sub humans. The rest are probably fed up of this elitist polarised political system where all three parties are the same different cheeks of the same backside, a bourgeois dictatorship depending on ones point of view :-)
    Just to comment on that marked in bold - immigrants tend to work harder, more efficiently and with substancially lower amounts of pay - doing the sh*tty jobs native Brits, with it's moral self-righteousness and selfishness, don't want to do with some glorified 'get rich quick' system. This has been happening since the dark age of Thatcherism in the 1980s.

Although the vast majority of Brits are committed and do work hard, it's the cretins who think it can be morally justified to bleed from the state and can't be bothered to look for work. Personally, I don't blame them - when jobs offer below the minimum wage, they would be better off on benefits.

After the disaster the coalition had with the tuition fees, more taxes with less money about, and the humiliating U-Turn over the pasty tax, just to name a few, it now has to prove it is in tune with what the British public wants - more jobs and incentives to work hard and telling scroungers to get a job - NOT to keep destroying jobs with it's current tax & slash policies.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, some will be and some won't be. I think a lot of them just take their nationalism too far.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    To ask why he commented. Your logic fails.
    And you have no sense of humour.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you. Dividing one worker from another is highly dangerous. All workers are equal, your race, religion and culture have no relevance on this. All working class should vent their anger on the system, and in an organised peaceful way.And not each other. The political system are failing a large majority of the people, who become deluded and so vulnerable to misinformation they are capable of believing anything the tabloids print.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.

Some of them are but a lot of them are not. You'll find that party members are actually the more likely to be racist as opposed to supporters. Many of the voters, vote for them on single-issues and sometimes very localised issues whereby racism isn't a factor.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    I wouldnt say ALL bnp members are racist. There are no direct policies of the BNP which directly endorse or promote racism but seek to uphold british culture and values which appeals to people racist and non racist.

What makes them seem overly racist is some of the senior members such as nick griffin, who has been filmed and speaking on behalf of KKK members and publicly denouncing the holocaust as a lie.

(Before anyone gets any ideas im not a BNP supporter or member)
    Repatriation of 'non-indigenous' Britons? Am I crazy or does that not sound at least mildly racist?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Put it this way, there are more racist Labour MPs.
    Dianne Abbott for one...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stilo)
    Repatriation of 'non-indigenous' Britons? Am I crazy or does that not sound at least mildly racist?
    Depending on what their term 'non-indigenous' means, it's not necessarily racist.

Taking 'indigenous' as anyone who's family has lived here for centuries, a black Brit would have much more right to remain than a white European or American, I assume.

It's nationalist, not racist.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes the majority can be considered racist, however we have to get with the program people.
    We have a crippling welfare bill to consider and spiralling immagration figures. Its not a matter of racism-Just REALISM!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but anything another than 'don't know' is an incorrect answer.

Unless of course you're psychic.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with the BNP's 'indigenous Britons'. Britain is too small an area to be calling anyone indigenous. Indigenous European or Northern European? Yes, Northern Europeans have more or less kept to the same area apart from the colonisation era. The problem with the BNP's argument is that they use comparisons to Indigenous Australians and Native Americans to justify themselves despite the fact that North America and Australia are hugely bigger than Britain. It's very hard to be British and have no relation to anything in the immediate area, such as Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Northern France in the last 500 years. It is by no means limited to this area but in terms of the vast majority of British heritage, including Saxons, Vikings and Celts, we've drawn from this area.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes without a shadow of a doubt.
    And this is coming from someone with family members who are supporters of the BNP
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Many of them are racist. However many of them are politically ignorant and disillusioned with the political class in the country just now.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 2, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.