The Student Room Group

A facepalm moment on Student Finance

Well, i got the ominous text a couple weeks back from Student Finance telling me the deadline had passed and that when I head to uni at the end of September, i'm going to be a penniless Hippee catching pigeons and roasting chestnuts to survive.

I thought I'd sent off my application and had taken my parents word for it that they had given their financial info. Had they heck!

Turns out, my stepdad has actually completely forgotten his e-mail adress and so can't log in to his Student Finance account to provide correspondence. He's not the most tech savvy fella and set up that address two years ago for the sole purpose of providing details to my first university application. All traces of the address have now been killed with fire and so i'm stuck with an application missing half of it's financial details unless by some miracle he can recall an address he only used once in his life. And naturally, every day that passes without this eureka moment is an extra day spent scrimping apples from gardens in Sheffield.

Moral of the story, folks - never trust anyone over 40 with a computer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending