Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Workout routine with these weights...

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitt1988)
    The guy is just starting out! He has no need for that much weight yet does he! He can at least get a bit of a head start before he goes spending all that money on a gym that he wont necessarily need yet. That's what I'm saying.
    if you arent pulling 3plates in your first 3-6months you are going it wrong, so hed need most of those weights yes.
    but regardless the investment is still needed.

all that money on a gym? a gym is cheap.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    By the way, if you're actually in to climbing there's loads of functional free weight stuff you can do that builds muscle, gives great balance and core strength without need for a gym.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sconter)
    if you arent pulling 3plates in your first 3-6months you are going it wrong, so hed need most of those weights yes.
    but regardless the investment is still needed.

all that money on a gym? a gym is cheap.
    What, 8 20kg plates and the rest? You're having a laugh. What I'm trying to get at is, in all likely hood, what he has at home now will do him until he outgrows them, then he could join a gym. It's nice for people to get to a certain strength and size before joining up so they're not a complete noob.

Cheapest gym near me is £35. Yea it is essential when you can no longer do anything at home, just save you money before hand.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monk_keys)
    By the way, if you're actually in to climbing there's loads of functional free weight stuff you can do that builds muscle, gives great balance and core strength without need for a gym.
    I am(:

What sort of free weight stuff?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitt1988)
    What, 8 20kg plates and the rest? You're having a laugh. What I'm trying to get at is, in all likely hood, what he has at home now will do him until he outgrows them, then he could join a gym. It's nice for people to get to a certain strength and size before joining up so they're not a complete noob.

Cheapest gym near me is £35. Yea it is essential when you can no longer do anything at home, just save you money before hand.
    a 3 plate lift requires 6 plates, do you even lift? 1 plate is 20kg. so he would require all of the smaller plates and 6 of the 20 kg plates. plus he would need a good bench, and MOST OF ALL, and probably the most expensive is the rack. which is by far the most important thing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JollyJelly)
    I am(:

What sort of free weight stuff?

gymnastics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_xvtM4OIy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0OO1Tpx4lk

This is obviously exceptionally advanced but there's a pdf book 'Building the gymnasts body' I can send you that basically teaches handstand press and one legged squats etc from complete novice to advanced which would supplement what you already have really well.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    gymnastics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_xvtM4OIy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0OO1Tpx4lk

This is obviously exceptionally advanced but there's a pdf book 'Building the gymnasts body' I can send you that basically teaches handstand press and one legged squats etc from complete novice to advanced which would supplement what you already have really well.
    body weight =/= free weight.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sconter)
    body weight =/= free weight.
    Your body is a free weight because you are not limited in your range of motion.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Your body is a free weight because you are not limited in your range of motion.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any bro science to go with that meme?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Any bro science to go with that meme?
    duno why you are saying that when you are making up a definition for free weights, and saying calisthenics is free weights.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Define free weights without excluding your body as an appropriate weight.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP gets the point, that people think gym is the best idea

but he does not want to go to the gym yet

so why not give him workout advise on the equipment he has?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.