Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can Someone Check My Planned Tube Journey?!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!

I have to get the tube which I've never done by myself before and I was wondering if someone could look at my plan and tell me it's right!!

I need to get to South Kensington from Waterloo and the TFL website is telling me to take the Bakerloo Line north to Picadilly Circus then take the Picadilly Line down to South Kensington.

Will this work?

THANK YOU!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I read the title as planned lube journey...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IPlayThePiccolo)
    Hi!!

I have to get the tube which I've never done by myself before and I was wondering if someone could look at my plan and tell me it's right!!

I need to get to South Kensington from Waterloo and the TFL website is telling me to take the Bakerloo Line north to Picadilly Circus then take the Picadilly Line down to South Kensington.

Will this work?

THANK YOU!
    Yes it will work, but it will probably be quicker to take the Jubilee Line to Westminster and then the Circle/District Line to South Kensington.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flyteryder)
    Yes it will work, but it will probably be quicker to take the Jubilee Line to Westminster and then the Circle/District Line to South Kensington.
    Ah yes that makes better sense. Thank you!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!

Will this work?

THANK YOU!
    Yes it will work fine try out the tube map app for you phone, you can put in your start and end destination and it will tell you which lines to use and how many changes ect. And you can use it on the go
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flyteryder)
    this ^ if you're travelling at peak times it's better to take the shorter route. it can get quite crowded on the inner-city underground lines!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes that makes better sense. Thank you!!
    Just check that the Jubilee Line is running on the day you want to travel - I know that it has planned engineering works this weekend.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slappyhours)
    this ^ if you're travelling at peak times it's better to take the shorter route. it can get quite crowded on the inner-city underground lines!
    Looking forward to my induction to rush hour tubes -_- I'm so nervous >.<

(Original post by Helenia)
    Just check that the Jubilee Line is running on the day you want to travel - I know that it has planned engineering works this weekend.
    If I'm travelling tomorrow it'll probably be ok right? Sorry to sound like sucha div I'm just quite nervous about doing it by myself!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

If I'm travelling tomorrow it'll probably be ok right? Sorry to sound like sucha div I'm just quite nervous about doing it by myself!!
    Yeah, the Jubilee Line should be fine tomorrow since the engineering works are this weekend.

You probably won't get a seat in rush hour. You'll probably need to stand up and you'll probably be squashed against 5 or 6 other people. It's all part of the experience
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

haha don't be nervous. just make sure you count how many stops you have to make before you have to get off! there's quite a short distance between stations especially in central london - you could get through 5 stops in about 5 minutes normally!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 27, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.