The Student Room Group

IB Results 2012 Panic Thread/Countdown!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apple17
In that care, I plan to spam my IBC's email and he has an iphone too. :colone:

Lucky, my IBC is a bitch... I doubt she'll be very pleased if we did that... :frown:
Reply 21
I am feeling so nervous just reading this thread....dreading thursday so much
Reply 22
Original post by banban
I am feeling so nervous just reading this thread....dreading thursday so much

Why do people keep saying results are on Thursday???????????????? I thought only IBC's saw them on Thursday, are you guys seeing them then? :confused:
Original post by chrisgill
Why do people keep saying results are on Thursday???????????????? I thought only IBC's saw them on Thursday, are you guys seeing them then? :confused:

Nope - for us, only our IBCs and Head of year see them on thurs. It IS friday!
Original post by beautiful-lion

Mine's the same, we get results on Friday morning, but the school down the road gets them on Thursday evening :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by beautiful-lion

They only come up on the IBC's screen, so to speak, on Thursday, but as a group really breached the whole teacher-pupil barrier and there's no way we'd allow him to know our results without telling us. :biggrin: And no reason, really, either?
Getting results on the Thursday is always what's been done, so 27 hours to go for me!
Original post by Harve
They only come up on the IBC's screen, so to speak, on Thursday, but as a group really breached the whole teacher-pupil barrier and there's no way we'd allow him to know our results without telling us. :biggrin: And no reason, really, either?
Getting results on the Thursday is always what's been done, so 27 hours to go for me!

JEALOUS!

That's so not allowed; I'm shopping you to the IBO and you'll all fail your diplomas :biggrin:

Good luck!
Reply 27
Oh my god I'm TERRIFIED :frown: Friday is drawing close too fast and too slow at the same time. I can't stand it. One day left! Please, please, PLEASE be kind, Friday! Fingers crossed for 34 and for Edinburgh.

By the way it's 12:15 pm for UK people right? So earlier for us Easterners?
My school is actually releasing my results tomorrow, so I guess that tomorrow I will knowing whether I am off to uni or not. I need 35 (of which 5 must be at SL Maths) for my Firm and a 33 (of which 5 must be at English B HL) for my Insurance choice. Whatever the outcome might be, I am terrified. :frown:
Arghhhh I'm getting so nervous now!

I'm just going to rip open that envelope as soon as I get it; can't understand my friends who are going to wait!
Good luck you guys, I remember July 4th and 5th very clearly last year and the IB Results site crashed for an hour when my results were supposed to come out so that was a pretty anxious day.

Remember even if you do miss your offer, all hope is not lost - I have plenty of friends who got their firm choices despite missing offers by 3 or even 4 points.
Reply 31
Original post by dogmatichurricane
Good luck you guys, I remember July 4th and 5th very clearly last year and the IB Results site crashed for an hour when my results were supposed to come out so that was a pretty anxious day.

Remember even if you do miss your offer, all hope is not lost - I have plenty of friends who got their firm choices despite missing offers by 3 or even 4 points.

Did it crash last year? Didn't know that! I remember that at the day of the results I had stayed awake till 6am and then I slept till 5 in the evening. This is when I learnt about my results! Actually, my school had already called home to tell my parents what I got! It was a nice 38/45 (tho I got 4 in History SL:colondollar:). But it wasn't my fault! The exam time was not enough!......Poor excuses!:cool:
Reply 32
My sick advice: Go to sleep 2 hours before the results are out! I'm not talking about a nap! I mean......sleep tight! It sounds sick but it will relieve you! I can't imagine someone counting the hours or, even worse, the minutes left till the results are out and then getting disappointed because he didn't make it! That must really be unbearable! Relax ppl! No need to panic! Panic till the Results are out and then dissapointment is much worse than dissapointment without prior panic! Good luck everybody! :smile:
Reply 33
Wow, I just found this. I'm from Spain and I study IB combined with the standard "Bachillerato" (which means having too much subjects).

I took SL Geography exam last May, I'm on my first year only. We have our ID and PIN number, and previously we have succesfully got to the candidates.ibo.org site, but today it doesn't work! It just reloads the page. If I enter wrong data it refuses, but with the correct combination it just ignores me.

Is that normal? I was just trying to get into before the results, as a test...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor SL English :colondollar:
Original post by reuge
Wow, I just found this. I'm from Spain and I study IB combined with the standard "Bachillerato" (which means having too much subjects).

I took SL Geography exam last May, I'm on my first year only. We have our ID and PIN number, and previously we have succesfully got to the candidates.ibo.org site, but today it doesn't work! It just reloads the page. If I enter wrong data it refuses, but with the correct combination it just ignores me.

Is that normal? I was just trying to get into before the results, as a test...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor SL English :colondollar:

No te preocupes, que yo diría que tu inglés es casí mejor que el mío, y eso que estoy haciendo Ingles B a nivel superior. ¿Hiciste el diploma o los certificados? Por que en el caso de los certificados, esos te lo dan dependiendo de la cantidad de materias que hiciste pero no es una calificación propiamente dicho y por lo tanto, es difícil que te valga en universidades en el extranjero.

Y lo de el acesso a la pagina web, los resultados salen para los colegios mañana (bueno, tecnicamente hoy por la mañana) y para el alumnado el viernes a las 11.

Por acaso, ¿piensas quedarte en España o salir al extranjero?

WOOW! Thats great! DId they have to wait until a-level results in august to be accepted to their uni if they only miss it by lets say 1 point?
Original post by apple17
In the same boat, but for a london university and med!

yeah, I was set on 39-40 but right now, 37 would be a miracle to acheive!. Although I suck at gauging how exams went (thought I failed my math mock, got a 7 but I know I have not done that well enough :sadnod:)

Alll the best. Hope you make your cambridge offer! :smile:

Yo Apple17, where are u going? I'm assuming imperial? Because I have a friend who got your same offer with the 5 in English from Imperial.
KCL myself 38 666...
Original post by needhelp1234
WOOW! Thats great! DId they have to wait until a-level results in august to be accepted to their uni if they only miss it by lets say 1 point?

Depends on a few factors such as a) competitiveness of the particular course and the university in question, b) how many offers the university gave out, how many people firmed or insured it and how many offers were declined etc.

As a rule of thumb, the most oversubscribed universities (Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL et al) will tend to wait until A Levels before deciding on IB applicants.
Reply 38
Depends on a few factors such as a) competitiveness of the particular course and the university in question, b) how many offers the university gave out, how many people firmed or insured it and how many offers were declined etc.

As a rule of thumb, the most oversubscribed universities (Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL et al) will tend to wait until A Levels before deciding on IB applicants.

Does that mean that I may well get my IB results, but still have to wait another month to know whether or not I got in 100%? :eek:
Original post by ChemKate
Does that mean that I may well get my IB results, but still have to wait another month to know whether or not I got in 100%? :eek:

IF you missed your offer, then unfortunately yes. If you met/surpassed it then they are legally obliged to confirm your place although official confirmation on UCAS might only appear after A Level results come out but that's just the university admissions department doing things in a standardised manner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending