The Student Room Group

Do you think I'll be accepted

Want to go to a course that needs 300 points. I'm taking Russian A level that should get me 140 points as I'm pretty much fluent.
My uni said they accept russian as a qualification.
If i get, lets say, a C/C/D (at worst) in my other subjects ill have 300 Points.
Will i get accepted? Russian is my 2nd language and I learn it when I was 10. Born in Russia but moved when I was 5, only British citizen.
Reply 1
Best thing to do is contact the University and ask, other would won't know. :3
Reply 2
If your course is based on an offer (300 from 3 A levels) and you meet that offer - as you expect to do - then you will get accepted.

The only reason you wouldn't get accepted is if they specifically said they wouldn't count one of your subjects, but as they've already told you they accept Russian, you should be fine...
e-mail your desired uni for more information and further advice.
Yeh I-emailed and they said they accepted Russia as a qualification so heelll yeah
Reply 5
Original post by nevergohalfpace
Yeh I-emailed and they said they accepted Russia as a qualification so heelll yeah

Did you ask them generally or specify your situation ... it could make a difference
Original post by TenOfThem
Did you ask them generally or specify your situation ... it could make a difference

Is there a situation? OP isn't Russian and Russian isn't OP's first language.
Original post by TheSownRose
Is there a situation? OP isn't Russian and Russian isn't OP's first language.

I was born in Russia with Russian mother but I mentioned that in the e-mail to the university. So I should be good. I am fluent but will still have to revise to get A*.
Reply 8
Original post by nevergohalfpace
I was born in Russia with Russian mother but I mentioned that in the e-mail to the university. So I should be good. I am fluent but will still have to revise to get A*.

That is ok then ... always good to ensure the email is in response to a specific enquiry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending