Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gay Seven Year Old?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I have no idea where this thread belongs so i put in in Society.

Well anyway i was browsing Reddit and i came across something titled "Parenting, you're doing it fabulously right" Basically it was this picture http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-X4YzN45A1k...cture%2B10.png

Does anyone else highly doubt a seven year old would be aware of their sexuality? Did you personally really understand sex, never mind same sex relations when you were in year 2/3?
    Have his parents basically made him think he is gay?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course he doesn't understand it, he probably learn't in one of his sex ed classes or something and says it to try and get more friends, its just a phase, guarantee
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good for him I say, whether he knows it for sure yet or not. Having the confidence to say it is the important thing.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UsGVCdEJds its very possible
    • 140 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's barely out of his nappies, how is he supposed to know his true sexuality at that age? :lol:
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    It'll be interesting, as instead of having to come out as gay he'd have to come out as straight
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Good for him I say, whether he knows it for sure yet or not. Having the confidence to say it is the important thing.
    no it's really not.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    It's very possible to know who you're sexually attracted to at the age of 7.
    I found girls attractive when I was 6.
    no you didnt.

edit:
    so what you are saying is at the age of 6 you wanted to pork other 6 year olds? really? no. you werent sexually attracted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Other 6 year olds?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm with you on that OP. I don't believe someone so young could possibly know their sexuality.
    My guess is this will cause problems later in life if he has to come out as straight.
    Hell, I don't think a seven year old could make a reliable claim as to being heterosexual.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, who cares? You're probably right that a 7 year old doesn't know about their sexuality, I suspect it's something that nobody really knows until puberty, but why does it matter?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know what I liked at that age. Based on societal standards of beauty it was possible to determine who was 'attractive', but I wasn't sexually attracted to anybody at that time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thinking someone is generally attractive isn't the same as sexual attraction.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sconter)
    no you didnt.
    Yes, I did.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    My daughter will be 7 in September, and she has never shown any interest "of that sort" in either boys or girls. She plays with both boys and girls and sees them as her friends (and the ones she dislikes, are not her friends) and that's literally it!

I know I certainly didn't start to "fancy boys" until I was coming up to about 10.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James82)
    Seriously, who cares? You're probably right that a 7 year old doesn't know about their sexuality, I suspect it's something that nobody really knows until puberty, but why does it matter?
    because in their attempt to be libral non-controlling parents who want their kid to decide they have done the exact opposite and planted an idea into their kids head.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I did.
    nope.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was attracted to guys by time I was 7. It's probs the same for this kid

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrNucleon)
    Thinking someone is generally attractive isn't the same as sexual attraction.
    I remember I felt aroused by the female physique after seeing a lingerie ad that came up on the TV when I was 6.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had my first boyfriend by the age of 8/9 :smug: Everyone's different, I don't doubt this story for a second.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 8, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.